Author Topic: VIPER Revised Dates & Locations  (Read 2186 times)

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
VIPER Revised Dates & Locations
« on: September 17, 2008, 12:29:13 pm »
Date: 17th September

Att: All VIPER Competitors

Following discussions with the Traralgon Motorcycle Club committee last week, it became clear that Traralgon MCC were not in a position where they could support a VIPER event on the 28th of September. Faced with the proposition of having to cancel Round-4 all together, the VIPER committee canvassed a group of clubs in an effort to be able to retain Round-4.

Unfortunately it is the business end of the year where most clubs are looking towards the last events on the calendar combined with presentation nights etc. the ability to secure a venue and the appropriate resources became extremely difficult.  With the AFL Grand Final and the Victorian VINDURO on the weekend of the 27th & 28th of September, the Moto GP the following weekend on Sunday the 5th of October and Bathurst on the 12th of October, the ability for VIPER to obtain a competition location on or very near to the originally published dates was not going to eventuate.

For VIPER to stage a 5 round series this year, the only way that we could do this and avoid a large percentage of the issues with dates as noted, was to change dates & locations to;

Round 4 – 26th of October for the Grass track event at Heathcoat.
Round 5 – 9th of November at a location TBA
Presentation Night – 15th November

Understanding the time that it takes to organize all of the specifics to run an event, we must thank the Mick & the Motocross Committee at Bendigo MCC for their actions in being able to change the event at such short notice. Whilst these dates changes wont suit all competitors, VIPER believe that the changes are the best possible out come for the 2008 season.

Whilst VIPER was not able to secure some specific dates at the following clubs due to time constrains and pre-existing schedules, a big thank you must go out to;
- Marty and the MX committee at Dandenong MCC
- Neal and the crew at Ballarat MCC
- The committee at Barrabool’s SMCC
who tried their best to work a round into their busy schedule.

Please accept our apologies for this late notice, but be assured that VIPER is 100% committed to a successful 2008 race series.

Note: Entry Forms will be published to the VIPER website (www.vipermx.com) in the very near future.

Regards,
VIPER Committee

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 09:40:15 am by Bahnsy »
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: VIPER Revised Dates & Locations
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:58:21 pm »
A map of where the Heathcote event when possible will be would be good. So low life spectators like yours truely can visit. Tim 754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:42:04 am »
Tim754,
Check in at;

http://www.vipermx.com/race_info.htm

in the near future and maps will be posted as soon as they have been completed.

Cheers, Bahnsy.
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:36:47 am »
Is it just me, or is the VIPER website currently down?

Tex

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 01:14:26 pm »
Hi Tex,

No its not you, the hosting has expired. I have contact Bahnsy several times to advise of this, but I cant get hold of him. Will keep trying. Hopefully should be back on line soon.

Mrs Maico #54

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 07:06:48 pm »
Bahnsy knows the site is down and he is onto it guys.

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 07:23:14 pm »
Is it me or IS IT ME,
Takes 5 nano seconds to shut a website down and 5 days (at best) to get it up and going again!!!
And i though computers were here to make life esy for us humans.

With a bit of luck it should be a goer in the next day or so. Appears that not only did they shut it down, they also deleted all the files. On top of that we have got to start of with a complete set of FTP passwords etc.

Thanks All,

Bahnsy
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn