Author Topic: How does one price out a job lot ?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
How does one price out a job lot ?
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:39:38 PM »
G'day viewers its been a while since I posted anything on this site. I'm thinking of selling a DT1 race bike and about 16 years worth of parts that I've accumulated. Its just hard to value the parts and bike. Sorry if this sounds like a Facebook question but I don't want to rip myself or anyone else off. Life is so much better when everybody's happy.
The DT1 doesn't see the light of day and its a shame to hold it back off the race track when someone could be out having fun. Thanks jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: How does one price out a job lot ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 05:49:34 PM »
no reserve fleabay auction..all done no questions...

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 05:57:32 PM »
I was hoping to stay away from eBay lol

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
plenty of other options, just ebay can give you world wide exposure and with the A$ at .75 to USD you would like to see a lot of americans having a tip at it. make sure you load the postage tho as it wouldnt be cheap.

otherwise there are plenty of others such as facebook old yammie groups etc to keep it local in aus.
as for getting a price its a difficult one. if you search all over with ebay and gumtree etc see what these are selling for and make a value judgement.

thats why teh ebay auction style sale solves that issue...if enough punters see it and want it (you can facebook Oz Vmx etc advertise too all and sundry) , you will get the best price on the day...that may not be what you think its worth and thats where a reserve comes in with all its hassles and haggling.

Punters who are into DT stuff will want it cheap so an auction sorts that out as well. there my thoughts. there will be plenty of others and you can decide whats the best way to go....

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 08:57:25 PM »
Thanks for your input 80-85 husky I never thought of someone buying it from overseas. jimson

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 09:38:31 PM »
There is a dedicated DT1 site on Face sook , also Firko will be a good sorce of info . PS us DT1 tragics will pick the teeth out of your spares .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club