Author Topic: Bing Slide - Coil  (Read 1662 times)

runutz698

Bing Slide - Coil
« on: July 31, 2008, 07:58:58 pm »
Hey guys now at the teathing process of getting the VF running, There is no spark......But I do not know how to test the coil as there is current coming into the coil on both wires....I have a blue and a Black wire and don't know how the ignition system works now it has me stumped. Which wire is ground??

Also need a slide for the carby, now tell me how long the slide will last on the carb, as due to no reed valves, that means alot of buffering on the carb slide. So can anyone help me with a new slide or point me in the right direction.

Cheers Guys Tom

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
Re: Bing Slide - Coil
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 11:13:06 am »
Tom, have a look at this web site, it should give you all the info you need re the ignition.  I haven't worked out how to attach the url, so you'll have to type it in yourself, then click on Motoplat Info.  Shame, Shame but it's a KTM web site, but there's lots of good Motoplat info there.

http://www.ozktm.com/

Cheers, Mike

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 04:41:35 pm »
I forgot to add, open the "Unofficial KTM 495 site", then select Motoplat Ign from the list of choices.  DUHH!

runutz698

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 09:03:34 pm »
Thanks for your help guys I  know why we couldn't test the coil properley as the coil simulator just pulses and the motoplat systems needs constant power and a pulse........I think it is going to be a earthing issue. I also am in talks with bing, Now according to them all the infornation they have in regaurds to spanish bikes are very sketchy, so I am having to send them alot of information including measurements to get the right slide. This due to the factories mixing and matching what they pleased on the day, as the spanish work ethics aren't that good I am lead to belive and they are very hard people to deal with......

runutz698

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 01:41:46 pm »
Hey Guys got my slide today from bing it looks like it is going to the job nicely, However just to let you know that it was almost a 5week wait from first contact to reciving it 10min ago. Jared is there something in the water over there?? LOL

Bing is still operating on a limted basis!!!!

Tom

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 05:40:47 pm »
Tom,
The Bing agency most likely had to order it from somewhere in Europe!

runutz698

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 12:09:37 pm »
I don't think they did it took 4weeks just to get the price and another week after then to get it to my door!!
Oh well got it now just wanted to let you all know that if you can avoid dealing with them do!!!

Cheers
Tom

runutz698

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 08:20:20 pm »
Hey Ross, Well my belief is that they are not in full swing, I think they are operating from a house and all the phone numbers are no longer vaild including the one printed in OZVMX. I would say at a pinch that they don't really care about there customers at all as it was the worst company I have ever had dealings with. So if you can avoid it do!!!!!

Cheers
Tom