Author Topic: Finally got there  (Read 1090 times)

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
Finally got there
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:28:56 PM »
I had resigned myself to attending the Whitsunday Classic last weekend purely for the grog and company.  I slackened off on bike prep, waiting for some essential bits to arrive, but not sure they would get here in time. 
Jared came through as usual.  Two days to go, panic sets in.  Late nights, helped along with large amounts of very rough red to keep my mind on the job.  Lost van keys the night before, too late to get some cut, so scrounged a box trailer. 
First ride on the VB360 in the parking area of the pits.  First time I've had to stand on a milk crate to kick start a bike, bloody hell it's tall!
Typical Bing, though - tickle like crazy, half throttle, starts 2nd kick.
This bike has some real grunt, pulls like a train, much too much bike for me to use, but so easy to ride, using 3rd & 4th gears even in the tight stuff.
Enduro seat looks a bit odd, and makes the bike even taller, there's got to be the correct one out there somewhere.  Tank has a couple of weeps, but that is fixable.
Only came off once, lost a bit of skin, but what a great weekend!!!

mx250

Re: Finally got there
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:48:46 PM »
Congrats on the VB 8). But where's the pics ::) :-[ :'(

Good to hear your comments and impressions. I think that the Monty engine and chassis characteristics must be set up for the Dutch sand tracks ;) :(.