Author Topic: Hey What color were the VF front shcoks/ Tensioner Setup.  (Read 2271 times)

runutz698

Hey What color were the VF front shcoks/ Tensioner Setup.
« on: August 06, 2008, 08:46:02 AM »
Hey Guys I am at the teathing process of getting the bike going so almost there, I will post a video when it is all done and running.

But for the minute I am wondering what color the monty front shock legs were painted?? It looks gold in some photo's then it looks like a goldy brown sort of color. I am just wondering what the factory color was.

Also does any one have a photo of the early tensioner setup with the roller, as I am having trouble understanding how it goes on??

Thanks
Tom

runutz698

Re: Hey What color were the VF front shcoks/ Tensioner Setup.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:51:17 AM »
I have both tensioners the soild block one like what was on the VF, and the earlier roller type. I looked at putting the newer one on the swingarm but it didn't look like it was going to line up. I do like that one better.  I am not even sure what swingarm is on my bike it is off the earlier mod.?? It has a tube welded in the swingarm where the tensioner goes, the tube is probly 12mm x 40-50mm Long. So the new just looked as if it was not going to line up.

Cheers
Tom

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:04:31 AM »
The two tensioners mout differently on the swingarm.  The earlier VB tensioner mounts thru
a tube on the swingarm.  Later tensioner mounts on a bracket on the swingarm.  You would
have to fabricate a mount to use the later tensioner on the VB swingarm.

runutz698

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:44:13 PM »
Ok so lets work on the old tube mount on the swing arm!!! Where does the spring sit if the bracket hangs on either side of the tube?? Is it on the side mounted with a long bolt and washer?? This what I don't understand.

Cheers
Tom

runutz698

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
Cool I understand now thank jared for the e-mail of the diagram. I am missing a bush that goes inside the spring. If I had that it would of all made sence, Now onto the real qusetion what color are the front fork legs on a montesa.....Gold???
They look a diffrent color in lots of pictures.
CHeers
Tom

mx250

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 08:57:53 PM »
Cool I understand now thank jared for the e-mail of the diagram. I am missing a bush that goes inside the spring. If I had that it would of all made sence, Now onto the real qusetion what color are the front fork legs on a montesa.....Gold???
They look a diffrent color in lots of pictures.
CHeers
Tom
Yeah, its a stange gold colour. My forks were devoid of paint when I got them so I didn't have a sample anywhere on the forks I could work off.

The only way you are gonna get an exact copy is to get a sample and have the paint mixed to match. I think the variation in colour reflects the difficulty in getting an exact match - samples vary. I just sprayed mine a dark gold that I had.

Some self appointed Monty Nerd (are there such things, Monty people are just sooo nice ;D) may some day draw my attention to this crime but I'm not doing a NOS resto and my aim is to get it close to original and get it up and running ;) 8).

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 01:31:38 AM »
I should have the colour code for the forklegs in a few days.
Should look like this when done.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 01:38:18 AM by cappra »

runutz698

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 08:35:10 AM »
See to me that looks like a  greeny beigey color, It is probly on the datsun 120Y color chart LOL I wouldn't be suprised.
When you get the name of the color and or code Jared lest us know as this is one of the last things to do now!!!

Cheers
Tom

runutz698

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 04:10:04 PM »
SO what is the color??

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 04:30:45 PM »
I should have the correct colour code in the next two days.
Sorry for the delay.