Author Topic: Maico Madness !  (Read 11736 times)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Maico Madness !
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 09:06:41 AM »
It is interesting that of the two trademarks JC now owns, the second one only became available on the 2nd April this year.  It was in the name of a holding company in Germany. 

The trademarks are also for motorcycles, structural parts for motorcycles.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
apparently its all over/finite/finish/dropped/dead ......

Gary Kortz from facebook..................
BREAKING NEWS on the Maico logo front.
Canadian Maico's lawsuit against SoCal Maico and myself was thrown out of Federal Court and the Federal Judge dismissed the lawsuit. The Federal case is done and over with.
We are now back at the United States Patient and Trademark Office (USPTO) as the Petition to Cancel Canadian Maico's registration of the Maico logo as been resumed. This is the exact place we were at 2 years and thousands of dollars ago. Nothing has changed because of the lawsuit. The whole thing was a complete waste of time, money and was a real sham from the beginning.
I want to thank all that have voiced their support through this whole mess. It has been a long two years.
It's odd how all the Maico businesses play nice with each other except one.
GK
Best is in the West !!

Offline MikeD94

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 08:03:13 AM »
That's good news knowing that JC lose holding the right to Maico logo and I hope it sticks.  I appreciate having more companies building/selling Maico parts rather than having Canadian Maico being the only business that we all would have to deal with.

Several years ago I bought one item from Canadian Maico (a 490 piston kit).  I decided to return the piston kit due to its piston being heavier than a Mahle piston and he refused to take it back!

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2015, 11:55:21 AM »
It would be nice to get the Maico name back under the ownership of one company or group of enthusiasts.  As it stands now any attempt to revive the name can not succeed because different people own the rights.

I think the Indian and Norton names went through the same thing.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline MikeD94

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 09:19:57 AM »
Well...I'm sure we were referring to using brand name for aftermarket parts not as a motorcycle manufacturer.