Author Topic: Case screws  (Read 1852 times)

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Case screws
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:55:28 pm »
What is everyone using in their restorations of early Suzuki's with phillip head screws in the engine cases, my local bolt suppliers don't have anything close. I really don't want to use cap screws.

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Case screws
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:33:23 pm »
Hi PeCrazy
I went to my local bolt shop and purchased every size pan head philips head machine screw from 10mm right up to 80mm in 5mm increments.  Purchased 10 of each size and it cost total $18 bucks. Got them in zinc coated mild steel.  I didnt want the SS ones.  These are for my early rm.  Now the only down sides are that the head is slightly bigger than original and they are threaded all the way and dont have the clean unthreaded area on the longer bolts.  Im reasonably happy.  I have purchased OEM ones before and they have come in that black colour which is want i didnt want.  You may have to ring around a few bolt shops to get your order correct. 

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 07:20:19 am »
Same type of screws I found, I will try the local bike shop they have a good selection or I might have to order from the states and wait another 2 weeks.

Offline D project

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 12:49:22 pm »
Go to your local Masters store, the have them in all different lenghts.
They also have a load of high tensile bots, circlips etc

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 10:09:22 am »
I found out that MCS have all the screws with the same head in almost any length.