Author Topic: Barrabool Closing  (Read 1313 times)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Barrabool Closing
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »
The bad news is, Barrabool is closing in Dec 2015  >:( The moment I heard that MA was getting involved in the purchase of the iconic Barrabool MX Circuit in Geelong Victoria, I knew it was over. Well it's come true. Feel sorry for the Sporting Club who have busted a gut to save this place.

Ken Baker #54

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
Re: Barrabool Closing
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »
I don't know all the facts so I speak unofficially but it seems 2 people have killed something enjoyed by thousands (Riders & spectators)

Sporting had existing user rights. Proved that noise from passing cars was worse than the bikes. Prove that the passing traffic was also more use of the road than the park.

It seemed they had all arguments covered yet the "Judge" sided with 2 lawyers (One practicing, one retired.)

As I said I may have the facts a bit skewed but in general it is a tragic loss.
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Barrabool Closing
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:57:39 AM »
I dont know the ins and outs of whats what about the announced closure , but as somebody who lives overseas i think it is a crying shame .

I have been to Barrabool on a number of occasions , as a rider , mechanic and spectator . I think it is a wonderfull facility and if it is closing down regardless of reasons it is very dissapointing .

Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill