Author Topic: Old pics from an Older clicker  (Read 20367 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Old pics from an Older clicker
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »
That's a great shot of Geoff Worrall in the air. The post racing career drug/alcohol addiction and associated mental problems that eventually contributed to his death is one of our sports truly sad stories. That's a great shot of John Behrens doing an old school cross up too. I know that interstaters didn't get to see Behrens as much as us here in NSW....more's the pity. He was a truly spectacular racer that would have been far more at home with today's airtime oriented motocross style. I saw him a few months ago and he's as fit, if not fitter than in his racing days from triathlon competition.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2013, 11:45:39 AM »
Quote....Apparently there was a CCM of Lester Rowleys at Jilliby, PeterK.
Would you have a look for me please.  8)

I have most of the programs for 1977 but Lester Rowley on his CCM only appears in the 1977 final round of the Mr Mx series. He may have come to Jilliby meet which was before Mr MX but his name is not in the program.
Lester also rode the CCM at the 77 Tivoli round or Mr MX..
yep Mr Motocross saw him at Claredon got to ride with him if and when I qualified :o

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:42 PM »
I re-call Lester coming to Tivoli in '77 The bikes were shipped through Mayfairs P/L and stored in the warehouse I managed.
I remember thinking 'who would want to ride one of those dinosaurs (the CCM) LOL
Also remember John Behrens jumping the quarry at Tivoli that year. Amazing. He was good for 4th or 5th I think.

Offline BigBanana

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2013, 04:54:53 PM »
From 1976 Aussie MX Titles, Tivoli.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:32:59 PM by BigBanana »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
From 1976 Aussie MX Titles, Tivoli.

Cramer and Lester Rowley.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2013, 06:55:21 PM »
Thank you BB much appreciated.
Gathering a few photos now,with others from the 'Scrambling Downunder' Roger Harvey pictorial book.

Lots of nasty looking rocks there at Tivoli.  :P
Cheers AM
Best is in the West !!

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2013, 09:10:35 PM »
That's a great shot of Geoff Worrall in the air. The post racing career drug/alcohol addiction and associated mental problems that eventually contributed to his death is one of our sports truly sad stories. That's a great shot of John Behrens doing an old school cross up too. I know that interstaters didn't get to see Behrens as much as us here in NSW....more's the pity. He was a truly spectacular racer that would have been far more at home with today's airtime oriented motocross style. I saw him a few months ago and he's as fit, if not fitter than in his racing days from triathlon competition.

Sorry about that I didn't realise that Geoff had passed on. That is a shame.
Don't ask me how to ride a bike or change a gear. I have sat on a couple but never ridden one. My adrenalin rush came from taking photos of the guys/gals racing them up close and personal.

Offline PeterK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2013, 01:51:30 AM »

Check out my Facebook page for remarks on each pic
More coming up later
ENJOY
Don't ask me how to ride a bike or change a gear. I have sat on a couple but never ridden one. My adrenalin rush came from taking photos of the guys/gals racing them up close and personal.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:55 PM »
check out them SIDI boots....still got a pair like that...not the most comfortable to wear now....