Author Topic: Decision Time on Bikes  (Read 16050 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Re: Decision Time on Bikes
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2013, 08:59:16 am »
Mr Red, like Firko said, having bikes around is great therapy. I've danced with the reaper a few times and each time I thought that all my fun times were over. It has always been bikes that kept me sane and determined to get well again. Once they're in your blood, ya can't live without them, however that may be. Even just going to shows or a wander to the race track to watch, listen and smell is good for the soul when times are bad. Just recently I've been "stuck" in a vicious circle BUT being able to get in the shed and tinker with my bikes has kept me "entertained" and my mind busy on things other than my health problems. Hang in there mate, you're a long time dead.....
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 09:41:57 am »
Mr Red, like Firko said, having bikes around is great therapy. I've danced with the reaper a few times and each time I thought that all my fun times were over. It has always been bikes that kept me sane and determined to get well again. Once they're in your blood, ya can't live without them, however that may be. Even just going to shows or a wander to the race track to watch, listen and smell is good for the soul when times are bad. Just recently I've been "stuck" in a vicious circle BUT being able to get in the shed and tinker with my bikes has kept me "entertained" and my mind busy on things other than my health problems. Hang in there mate, you're a long time dead.....
"You will never see a bike parked outside a phsychiatrists"
So said someone once. :)

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 11:53:00 am »
Red, you could keep a few and play ride, maybe something like ISDT reunion, which I'm doing next year. Who would have thought I'd ever love a Husqvarna and compete away from the mx track?  Had more challenges with kids past few years, but they always love a track day, getting bikes going for them. Take care of your health, and stress level too. I have a t shirt with that on it, you never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist office.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 09:32:05 pm »
Red I know it may not be wise to trust someone that says "Trust Me" but um Trust Me as I have or moreover are.. now and then... on the not so flash health side of things.
All I wish to pass on to you is I too have kept a small core of the biggest personal smile bringing and tinker time bikes. Found not only does it make the old body sit up and feel strong, it also greatly assists trap and keep caged a truly insidious soul destroying killer, the black dog of depression that latches on to your back.  Tim754 ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:13:59 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2013, 09:29:20 pm »
Brad,

You make me sound like a Filipino Bar-Girl.  ;D

Great working with you too!  I posted in another thread, but I might have an extra Phantom tank, if you need it.
And he love you long timeā€¦
About that phantom tank. Price and condition please.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 11:52:34 am »
The Latest:

1.   '88 Honda CR250 (SOLD)
2.   '83 Honda CR480 (Getting ready)
3.   '81 Can-Am MX-6b 250 (I think I have it sold)
4.   '79 KX250 spare (SOLD)
5.   '79 KX250 racer (Fixing up for sale now)
6.   '78 Husky 250CR (Gonna get it ready)
7.   '76 Husky 360CR project (Given away)
8.   '75 KTM 250MX (Getting ready to sell)
9.   '74 Montesa VR (SOLD)
10. '74 Ossa Phantom (SOLD)
11. '74 Suzuki TM100 (Fixing up for sale now)
12. '71 Yamaha RT1 (Selling after racing it a bit first?)

I think I'm gonna keep my old bike total to single digit.  That means that one of the bikes listed below will have to go sometime.
 ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 01:47:45 pm by Tahitian_Red »
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 01:18:22 pm »
Numbers are all single digits strung together....