Author Topic: Here is an idea on "Proof"  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Here is an idea on "Proof"
« on: March 09, 2008, 11:20:34 PM »
 Had a good question emailed to me on what is suitable proof of a machines eligibility for whatever class.
This scan of a "Two Wheels" magazine from May 1974 page four (part page in attached photo I think) I used as proof for my Honda 754 sidecar. Anyone else like to post some good examples for all maybe use as examples in their own quests?
http://ozvmx.com/images/forum/tw-sc1.jpg

The pictured sidecar is a "SSP'  oops...in meant  "SPP"   make ,running a K series 754.   Lucky Walter of YSS fame was there at the time and can still  remember the screaming howl of the 4 cylinder beast working hard and fast. What a  fantastic mixture of big heavy makes and models competing.

I have amended this post as ,,well the grammar and syntax was pretty awful!! :-[ Cheers Tim
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:54:49 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

YSS

Re: Here is an idea on "Proof"
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 12:10:05 AM »
Yes I still have one of Robert Grogg's front ends with the original girlings and the swiss dirt on it. Thats what I copied my later sidecar front ends from . To this day that geometrie works great . Tim you mixed up a couple of letters . The frames where called SPP . The Hallers now live in USA and their kids still race .Robert Grogg still lives in Switzerland , but like me he can not recall to ever have raced a sidecar. ;)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 10:39:34 AM »
Yep just because the sidecar beat you in that scratch foot race over 100 metres ... you have your secretary disembowel any knowledge of your actions..with a sharp bowling ball , ;) ;D 
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 10:20:57 PM »
hey timbo how bout you post me up that letter RE: air hearts in 72, would put a lot of slow rains back in there spot.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »
Send me an email Freaky please, Clearly stating what we are looking for, not quite sort of getting what you want or need? well I am past 50 ;)
                                                   Voltaire.