Author Topic: BMCC Nudgee fun day  (Read 2593 times)

TM BILL

BMCC Nudgee fun day
« on: March 08, 2008, 10:16:48 PM »
Great photos of the Nudgee fun day  :) any chance of a whos who in the pics .
I recognised Doc #3 whos old mate on the mono wheeling XL /XR ?
Looks like it was a great day , neat little track that  :)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: BMCC Nudgee fun day
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 10:51:45 PM »
hey bill,
dunno who the xl500 rider is but every time i see him on track whether it be a race or practice that front wheel is always in the air! i think he just enjoys his bike.
im #789 in 2 pics on my RT1 yammie, a mate AL on his yz250f #483, i'll have another look and see.
was a good day for sure.
8th photo down, bang smack centre screen but in the background, yellow maico, white helmet, yellow sleeves, i think could be wombat!
10th pic down, in the background behind Doc #3 on a pale blue bultaco is Don Newell.
incedently,75yr old Don ran out of feul at the far end of the track and started to push his bike back to the pits, i stopped and offered to push it for him and let him ride my bike back and he was quite certain he'd be right and told me to go and enjoy my ride. each lap i kept an eye out for him to make sure all was good, one of the officials walked over to help him out but i was just amazed at {and continue to be} his stamina. he's definately a strong source of inspiration.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:05:58 PM by vandy010 »
"flat bickie"

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »
Where are the pic's please  :-\ jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »
On the  Oz VMX home page  :)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 11:12:55 PM »
the sidecars were cool and i think the brisbane club would really enjoy seeing more of them. there was only those 2 in attendance but thats a pretty neat action shot of them i reckon. good on Jackie Mac! she does a pretty neat job getting some cool pics. racing again tomorrow but i'll just be a spectator as i'm playing dad this weekend.
"flat bickie"

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 11:17:45 PM »
hey bill,
dunno who the xl500 rider is but every time i see him on track whether it be a race or practice that front wheel is always in the air! i think he just enjoys his bike.
im #789 in 2 pics on my RT1 yammie, a mate AL on his yz250f #483, i'll have another look and see.
was a good day for sure.
8th photo down, bang smack centre screen but in the background, yellow maico, white helmet, yellow sleeves, i think could be wombat!
10th pic down, in the background behind Doc #3 on a pale blue bultaco is Don Newell.
incedently,75yr old Don ran out of feul at the far end of the track and started to push his bike back to the pits, i stopped and offered to push it for him and let him ride my bike back and he was quite certain he'd be right and told me to go and enjoy my ride. each lap i kept an eye out for him to make sure all was good, one of the officials walked over to help him out but i was just amazed at {and continue to be} his stamina. he's definately a strong source of inspiration.
Looks like you and your mate were having a great battle Vandy.
I can see Don Newell now, that bloke truly is an inspiration to us all .

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 11:34:09 PM »
Thanks Bill very cool  8) jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 01:43:27 PM »
I believe this is Bert Cavell; and I'm pretty sure he's 72 yo.
Here's another photo of Bert in action at the QVMX practice day late last year.
The older blokes are inspirational.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »
And here's a few shots of Don Newell from an earlier BMCC race day; you'll notice he enters a bike in each class.
The Nudgee fun day was stinking hot - one of the few really hot days we've had this summer.
After only a few laps I pulled over to suck in the big breaths (it's been too many years out of the sport!!) and didn't move for a few minutes.
Whilst there thinking I was surely dying, the entire field including 72 yo Bert, 75 yo Don and a 20 ish blonde girl continued to fly past.

I'm undecided if being lapped by seniors and young girls has motivated or depressed me...
Yep, I really admire the old blokes.

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 02:56:32 PM »
I can't believe the riding and tracks you blokes get up there! If only I'd stayed in Queensland. I REALLY want to get up there again for a ride this year but it's so damned FAR!

Good to see blokes like Don and Bert out there still doing it, brilliant stuff. Really, well done to anyone who's out on the track digging it.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
graeme, you'd love it! the brisbane track is in my opinion pre75 heaven.
i just got in from a visit to the track now as they're racing today 9/3, i got kid commitments that have kept me off my bike today. damn it!
oh well, off to play lego with my boy...
"flat bickie"