Author Topic: Wiltec Industries Conondale Classic - Queensland  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Wiltec Industries Conondale Classic - Queensland
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:05:43 pm »
QVMX invites you to Green Park, Conondale in sunny Queensland for the second Conondale Classic vintage motocross meeting. With competitors traveling from interstate and overseas it is assured to be a spectacular weekend of racing.

Find out more here on the QVMX site:

http://www.qvmx.com/html/conondale_.html

« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 10:16:35 pm by Graeme M »

worms

Re: Wiltec Industries Conondale Classic - Queensland
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:46:39 am »
thanks Graeme for transferring our topic over. For all those waiting for the classic to happen its now here this weekend. I just want to say thanks to all those who have pre nominated with over 100 pre-entries as of last Friday, and with more still in the mail I'm sure this is going to be one hell of a weekend. You can nominate on the day so if you were still thinking about coming just bring ya bike and turn up and have a great hassell free ride and catch up with all your mates. This event is purely about having a heap of fun so it doesn't matter how good or allover the place you are, there will be so many riders (est 180) all doing the same thing, just being apart of this great sport. as you can tell I'm nearly at full throttle and can't wait.

Cheers
Trev ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 12:48:48 pm »
hey fella's,
for the happy campers, will there be any food/showers satdy night, sundy morning?
a bloke needs to know what to put in the esky.
shower, optional.
"flat bickie"

worms

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 06:43:17 am »
Hey Vandy

all you have to do is bring a bike and some coldies (no glass), theres food available from Sat to Sun lunch time , hot showers ( or dip in the creek)campinng along the creek bed .

see you there

Trev

worms

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 06:53:54 am »
i forgot to add that breakfast will be available Saturday morning.

Cheers
Trev

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 11:11:51 am »
thanks Trev,
lookin forward to it
"flat bickie"

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 07:25:24 pm »
HOW GOOD WAS THAT! I had a ball! I will be sore for a week. Thanks again to all who sponsored the event and those who put in the big effort to make it happen. Oh and thanks Rusty for the great track layout ;)

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 07:28:34 am »
Thanks for a great weekend and for all the volunters and helpers that made this event a reality. :)
Doc the mighty TS did us proud and survived the meet along with the rider. Even managed to get some air out of the old girl over the jumps.
The highlight of the weekend was the relay race on Sunday which left a smile on every riders face. Those of you that were unable to make it do so next year.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 08:47:39 am »
i thought that 111 ts looked familiar.
absolutely brilliant! a big highlight for me was a mate of mine that came along for his first ever vmx bash.
he worked tirelessly on his bike in the weeks leading up to the event and was still in doubt right up to the friday night when he got the bike going.
rode steady through practise, pulled off a 10th in the evo 250 clubbies on the saturday. was in 4th and doing well on the sunday till the race got red flagged.
it was terrific to see the fire in his eyes and we can only thank the qvmx crew for that.
so thanks fella's
{and gals}
"flat bickie"

magoo

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 05:25:42 pm »
I think I can speak for all my mates that were lucky enough to experience the Wiltec Industries Conondale Classic that this has to be the best Vintage event on the calendar. A superbly run event with probably the highest quaility of machines that I have seen at a race meeting. Not only that, shit some of those guys are seriously fast.
The promotion and organisation was second to none, they even had WIN TV there filming to run in their sports section. If only they could have found someone better looking than Bill Nolan to interview!!!!!!!!! It wouldn't have been too hard.
All the N.S.W. guys headed home with the biggest smiles on their dials, totally satisfied with everything. To top it all off, as we drove down the motorway between the Sunshine Coast and Brissy there was a massive, professionally made banner hanging off one of the overpasses, unbelievable.
To Trev the worm man, Steve and the rest of the QVMX Committee, the SES, but most of all the sponsors Shane Wilson at Wiltec Industries, Big Bill Nolan at Motowreck Yandina and Motul oils, thanks, you've made a bunch of cranky old blokes on cranky old bikes very happy campers.
Unreal

worms

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 06:56:26 am »
Cheers Magoo, sounds like you guys enjoyed yourselfs. the highlight for me was Worms Racing Team getting third place in the relay race,what a hoot and crowd drawer.
the members of the QVMX should give themselves a big pat on the back for a great club effort, volunteers were allways on hand when needed, which made this event one to remember :)

Cheers
Trev

maicopunk

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 01:36:28 pm »
I agree with Magoo.  That was my first QVMX event and it certainly won't be the last. I am still on a high from the weekend, and  just begining to walk again without looking like an old man.

A big thankyou to all the organisers and sponsors, you did a fantastic job. The friendly atmosphere, the track, camping, riding standard, Conondale Curry, organisation etc were first rate. The only improvement I can think of is to organise a few days of rain during the week.  ;)

Some highlights for me were seeing Brad and Bill waving to the kids on the fence as they sailed over the top of Drunks Hill, and the novelty events were great fun especially the relay.

Well done and thanks!

P.S. As a recent migrant to Queensland, can I race for the cane toads next year?