Author Topic: Brisbane Speedway  (Read 3427 times)

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Brisbane Speedway
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:58:18 PM »
Apparently the Qld season kicked off last Saturday night. I take it, it would have been at Nudgee? Anyone have a contact for the dates of future meetings.
Rosco86

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Brisbane Speedway
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »
http://www.ssrav.org.au/   Rosco there are some listed QLD meets on the National calendar link SSRaV. Cheers    27th was Nth Brisbane? not familiar with tracks up there. Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:20:10 PM »
Hey Tim, I think North brisbane/nudgee is the only track operating in SE Qld. Mike Hather/Gold Coast closed down and others are those beaut clay/car tracks. Saw Doug Cotterel had built a Classic Speedway Sidecar, using a Jawa 2 valve motor. Have you seen it at Broadford? I think he debuted it at the SA meeting a while back. very unusual as it looked so light. Was a bit peeved as I went up to Maryborough on Sat night for the Action Park dirt track. It was until I was talking to the Scott boys who had their laydowns there that Nth brisbane had been on the night before.(i would have caught it and driven up in the morning) They were a bit keen to put the laydowns around the track for a demo, but the MA steward put paid to that as the track isn't licenced for speedway. I can remember simpler times. Don't know anywhere  I can pickup  a good clutch to suit an amc box for my hagon?

DR

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 09:44:12 PM »
It sure was on Saturday night! sitting here listening it sounded like a pretty big meeting too though I didn't hear many sidecars..their sound, unmistakable 8)

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 02:18:55 PM »
NEXT MEETING 18/12
WEBSITE nbjmcc.zoomshare.com/

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile