Author Topic: Nepean 6 Hour 198?  (Read 7850 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: Nepean 6 Hour 198?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 10:44:16 AM »
Here ya go ,  TC , the only shots of # 21 in the clear I could find

Must have been late in the race as the right-hander looks to be cut up a bit
Foss

Curly3

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
Thanks for your input Tony and I hope things are going well for Noel.
You guy's rode against the Harts for most of those years, I talk to Geoff regularly and I'm trying to talk him into having a ride again.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »
Ray has come up with a program for the 6 Hour the photos were taken at , it is the '85 event, has the results down to 12th place. plus this.

The 1985 results were   1st     P.Goddard / J. Foreman / M. Goddard   CR 500
                                 2nd    P. Caslick / G.Bell        /  M. Warner     Yam 490
                                 3rd     T.Brennan / V.Style    /  L. Norris       Honda 500

Foss

montynut

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2010, 10:02:21 PM »
Hey guys I have asked this before but didn't get an answer, can any one remember.

"The pics of Nepean brought back memory's of a 6 hour there in about 77, I think. Our team rode a lowered VB250 but did no good as we were too hard on brakes but I witnessed one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
There was a guy on what I remember was an American Bell framed Honda with an XL motor absolutely creaming everyone when all of a sudden there was a lot of smoke and a funny noise coming back into the pits. The Honda engine had broken the top out of the crankcases and the head and barrel was going up and down but still running some how. It was my only go at Nepean but what a great event.
Cheers Stan."

Also rode the '77 event on a VB250 also ran out of brakes  :-[ It was our first 6hr. The following year we entered a Can Am and led the 250 class until the chamber slit below the foot peg. It was a bloody hard race to be competitive in.

I don't remember seeing the said Honda with the active cylinder but do remember the 4T Honda that was showing everyone a clear view of its rear tyre until it let go big time. As I remember it blew up basically as it past the pits to a collective gasp of everyone. I can not remember if it was in the race or during practice?