Author Topic: 76 YZ125 original handlebars.  (Read 1016 times)

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
76 YZ125 original handlebars.
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »
Im after some original handlebars to suit a 76 yz125x.
If someone could shed some light the CDEF yz's bars may be the same, or very similar will do!

This X is currently fitted with a set of period aftermarket renthal bars and clutch lever, someone may want to work out a deal with that.. or i might just sell them, photos can be arranged if someones interested.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:39:35 PM by steveo247 »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
X bars are chrome from the factory, same as C.
D+ bars are black painted although they are a similar (same?) shape.
Not 100% sure if A bars are the same as C/X or not.

Also beware the supersceded part numbers. You can probably still order "YZ125X handlebars" from Yamaha, but you'll almost certainly get the D/E type (or worse). There's also something that Scott W told me about the crossbrace diameter on the replacement bars (its not right).

I have a pair of chrome ones here (pretty sure they were originally on an A model), but they will need rechroming. They're one of those things where I think "Can't let them go", but on the other hand, I'd greatly prefer alloy bars on a ride/race bike. If you can handle the need to rechrome, then I'll get some pics.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
thanks for that info! getting them re chromed would be no trouble. so yes id be interested if they were similar, do you have any X or D bars to compare your A model ones with?
If not ill get some measurements off mine.

Ive got another X here that has come with painted black bars on it, so they must be D+ bars. Thanks for that info!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
I have a YZ125c ive parted up and it still has bars on it....
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline steveo247

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
thanks for the reply guys, but they wont be needed anymore as there was a debate this afternoon and i talked dad into using the renthal bars instead.
thanks very much for the info though!

here are the bars..

now i gotta find someone who can remake that renthal sticker..