Author Topic: help wanted please  (Read 1203 times)

rm nut

help wanted please
« on: April 07, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »
i have just finish restoring a 84 rm 125 having probs with getting it to run right first started with running a ngk bp8hs plug and low revs down low had to ride the clutch a lot to start  with to keep it going  till it got to high revs and got in the band  and it went well so i changed the plug to a ngk b9egv know it is good down low but will not hit the band so i am thinking it is electrics can any one tell me is there timing marks on the rotor or electrics that you have to line up also were is the mixer screw located on the carbie any help would be great gazza

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: help wanted please
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 05:09:46 PM »
One problem is that you have switched a short reach plug (BP8HS) for a long reach one (B9EGV) ?
Ban BLACK rims NOW

rm nut

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 06:19:40 PM »
i dont think the pug is main prob have prob with both i think it is in the rotor or electrics or carbie not good with mechanics i dont know if there are timing marks that i have to line up also can not find the mixter screw on carbie im thinking it should have one my mechanic is working away in qld thanks gazza

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »
Ok, start with the basics first, which means the correct spark plug and having a good workshop manual to follow  ;)

parts diagrams are available from here too.
www.alpha-sports.com
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline BAHNZY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »
Lets start from scratch.
What are the carb specs? Needle spec & position, Needle Jet, Main Jet and Pilot jet.
Some 84's and all 85's had an air bleed screw, so where is that set?
Is the bore new? If it is what size is the bore? if not, what is the compression?
What expansion chamber and muffler is fitted?
Have the reeds been looked at?
Rod (BAHNZY) Bahn

rm nut

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 02:46:23 PM »
the bore is new 1st over size the muffler is the standed one it came with, new neddle + new neddle seat and slide all standed ones orded from manuel at bike shop thanks gazza

rm nut

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 10:21:48 PM »
still cant get it to run right it just want hit the band it will idol ok has good power down low but it just revs out up high and want hit the band could this be not getting enough fuel or timming any help would be great gazza