Author Topic: post from US  (Read 1973 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
post from US
« on: February 24, 2015, 10:14:27 am »

A mate needs to get a part from the US but the seller won't post overseas.  The part is a small plug, would fit in a match box.  I know we had some of you blokes use a business over there that you can have the part posted to and then have it sent here.  Any help appreciated.
                                                                                                   Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: post from US
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 10:37:28 am »
zane depending when he wants it lee holth is packing up some stuff for me but it might be a few weeks b4 he gets to it.if he isnt in a hurry for the parts
there is a post on here someware with the companies that do it i thing aust post has a link as well
jim

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:08:07 am »
Aus post in the US is https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/
I use ComGateway http://www.comgateway.com 
It can work out reasonable if you have several parts you want to send to Australia.  They will consolidate them and send them together.  I sometimes get caught out with large boxes, for example a front mudguard, where you get charged for the box size and not the weight. That can be expensive, but you can ask them to cut the box down to as small as possible.  All things being said, you get a US postal address and you can get around the problem of sellers not wanting to post outside the US for those parts you really need and cant get elsewhere.
Cheers,
Alex

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 12:13:01 pm »
I am over there in two weeks going every where just about , it could fit in my pocket zane
Is it for Wal ?

Offline r4brightred

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 01:23:15 pm »
If the buyer would like he can have it sent to me in Massachusetts and I'll send it to Australia.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 09:02:30 pm »

Thanks Brian sounds good, I have sent you a PM.
                                                                             Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.