Author Topic: new problem  (Read 2022 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
new problem
« on: May 03, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »
ok now today i have discovered a new problem on this forum and the vinduro forum.

when im typing a post or PM after i get to about the 16th line it wont continue scrolling down automatically or manually. I can keep typing but i cant actually see what im typing as its continuing down below the bottom of the white box that you type in. Its only happened today and the only thing i have done was perform the regular 'windows update' and it downloaded and installed 22MB of updates and one of them was some sort of service pack for Internet explorer 8 or windows, so im sure it has something to do with that.

Its getting very annoying already and i cant live with it like this.

im sure someone else had this problem last week but cant find it.

any suggestions?

please help. Thanks
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:19:00 PM by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: new problem
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:54 PM »
Stuff Internet Explorer, download Mozilla Firefox and make it your default browser, kiss microsofts muck ups away.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 07:46:38 PM »
ok i know what the problem is now :) I have internet explorer 8 and this forum is not compatible with IE8 since i have a newer version, up the top next to the green refresh arrows and the red 'X' buttons there is a new button. This is a compatability button and it says to click on it when a website is not displaying or working properly which means its not compatible with IE8. So when i click on the compatibility button it repairs the website and makes in run properly with IE8. So i think thats it, but i will keep an eye on it and see how things go. IE8 must be too new for some sites at the moment ???
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

TwoTees

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »
IE8 must be too new for some sites at the moment

I would think it should be the other way around. Microsoft IE8 should be backwards compatible with all standard web site like this one.

Sorry, Couldn't help with a quick MS Bash ;)

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:55:47 PM by TwoTees »