Author Topic: What are we doing wrong in NSW?  (Read 9638 times)

firko

Re: What are we doing wrong in NSW?
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
The best bar in Waikiki used to be the old Rose & Crown English Pub. The Long Island Iced Teas were as strong as Shell A.
It was Hawaii HQ for visiting footy teams from all over the world and one wall featured team photos of all of the teams of all codes that had enjoyed the pubs hospitality. All off the photos were your standard footy team photos except for one, unobtrusively buried in amongst the others which featured Smithfield Old Boys Rugby Club standing stark naked, fat old managers and all. A number of these stylish young Aussies also had woodies. There's nothing that shouts class better than a footy player on their end of deason trip.  ::)Sadly the pub gave way to development and a bit of Waikiki history went with it.

Jeff....Of course I knew you were joking. I wasn't arcing up at all, perhaps you overlooked the little love kiss smiley? My little spiel was purely to give the post some connection to the to the original thread. If you picked some angst in my reply it wasn't intended. I'm all love and sweetness these days.
We've also got those little swizzle sticks and toothpicks for the pinapple chunks and Marachino cherries. So much more civilised than a case of Vomit Bombs and gristle snags on the barbie.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
Re: What are we doing wrong in NSW?
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »
Geez, I hope you blokes are bringing lots of extra electrical generating power with you to CD6, what with all these new fangled electrical mixers etc... :o

And I happen to be very partial to a Marguerita, thanks E74.  With salt around the rim of the glass of course... ;)