Author Topic: chineese PWK carbs  (Read 3851 times)

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
chineese PWK carbs
« on: May 15, 2017, 08:24:52 am »
Anyone tried the chineese copy of the PWK carbs,they look exactly the same as the are a copy of a good design.I need a slide and screw top so thinking of buying one for parts but would like to hear if other people have tried them first?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PWK-38MM-Carburetor-Air-Striker-Carby-For-HONDA-SUZUKI-KAWASAKI-Dirt-Bike-/222358390465?hash=item33c597c6c1:g:4mwAAOSwImRYZf~1

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: chineese PWK carbs
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 09:14:47 am »
Chinese make great copies of stuff..look just like the original...never "exactly" the same...I would be wary unless your trying for nothing..thread pitches, quality etc all quite often not up to scratch.... ive been looking for a pair of old SU carbs for my a30 aussie...in my searches I see weber carbs  for 300 bucks.... in searching the fine print they are chinese copies. further research revealed a large warning from a carb shop NOT to buy them, nothing from webers fits, machining is terrible holes in castings and buggered threads from new. so beware.

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 01:06:42 pm »
Taiwanese/mainland Chinese PWK carbs vary from satisfactory to quite good in my experience. I won't vouch for 100% interchageability with your Keihin but it is likely. If you buy one do dismantle it and check that the central jet block, held on wth 2 loctited screws usually,  seals against the bodyand that the passages align.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 05:49:42 pm »
Just eBay Koso Carburetor or google them. I'm playing around with a set on my 350 twin now. I can't say how good they are, as I haven't got them on the bike & tested yet. But the price is good lol jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 09:03:36 am »
They are OK.. iv put them on little XRs and stuff like that, but I wouldnt put them on a performance bike. Luck of the draw if you get a good one or not.

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 07:52:04 am »
I bought one of these PWK 38mm air strykers for $70 including postage, what I received was a genuine made in Japan Keihin factory second, even in a genuine box with a card saying made in Japan, it just has some casting flaws on the body and bowl but performs like a new carb, Ill be buying more, I just noticed that my KTM500MXC has one of these carbs too as they have a Sudco sticker on them and it performs great too. Grab em while you can.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 07:58:15 am »
what seller did you get it from ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)