Author Topic: Bead Breaker  (Read 1545 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Bead Breaker
« on: October 12, 2016, 08:16:03 PM »
   I have finished my Bead Breaker.  I made the rear handle removable and when storing it screws into the top of the bracket where the rim clamp pivots, this makes it more compact so it takes up lest room when not being used.  I welded a m20 coupling nut about 50mm long into the top of the inside section that slides, making it work just like a vice, pushing the internal section outwards easily breaking the bead from the rim.  Others that I looked at have the nut welded to the body and just push the inner section and use a heavy spring to pull it back inside but this means you have about 150mm of bolt protruding out of the top of the beaker, which means more storage space needed.   There is in excess of 150mm of push so it will work on wider rims like car or small truck.  I use either a drill or impact driver to turn the bolts, both work well.
  Now back to the parts tumbler/polisher  which has been on the back burner for a couple of weeks.
                                  Zane

Ready to go

With breaker extended a bit

Packed up ready for bed
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:18:44 PM by FAT-TOY »
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Bead Breaker
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 08:47:05 PM »
awesome love your work Zane. keep us posted on other projects....love this stuff.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Bead Breaker
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:25:49 PM »
Yeah, nice job, very impressive.