Author Topic: Classic Scramble Club AGM Lismore clubhouse June 26 at 9.00 AM Now 09/07/2016  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
A reminder for members here and those interested.

The Classic Scramble Club Inc's 2016 AGM will be held on the 26th of June, 9.00 am in the clubhouse at Lismore.

This date has been decided by the committee, voted on by members and announced at the riders briefing at the Port Campbell race meeting to no dissent from the Secretary. This date ensures memberships are current at the vote.

The meeting will be followed by a practise day.

Marcus Smith
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:38:19 AM by Momus »
If you love it, lube it.

Offline Jasper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Scramble Club AGM Lismore clubhouse June 26 at 9.00 AM
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:14:04 PM »
This is incorrect information that is being pushed by a small group trying to take over the club and its assets.
The Annual General Meeting of the Classic Scramble Club will be held, as has been shown all year in the club calendar, on Saturday 9th July at Lismore, and the Lloyd Martin Memorial race meeting will be held the next day (Sunday 10th July).

Ross Martin
Secretary - Classic Scramble Club Inc.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 02:27:04 PM by Jasper »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »
I... wow...

Can I offer a word or two to the wise, on both sides of this:
1. Choose your path very carefully, and always consider whether you're doing things for the good of the club or your own ego.
2. The will of the members will always triumph - if you're using technicalities to gain/maintain power, then you are already doomed, and all you're doing is damaging the club. Far better to walk away now, and keep your dignity intact.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
Wise words Nathan. i hope for the clubs sake that they are heard.

Offline Jasper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 11:12:29 PM »
I... wow...
Nathan,

I do not believe that you are a member of the CSC, and as such you should keep your opinions to your self.
The Committee of the CSC are only interested in running good events for all the members, not only for the few that are protesting against who knows what.
The AGM ( on July 9th) Will elect a Committee for the remainder of the year.
The Current committee is only interested in keeping the members happy, and running events that will keep them happy.

We are a small club with one idea in mind. That is to run good events for all our members.

Can I offer a word or two to the wise, on both sides of this:
1. Choose your path very carefully, and always consider whether you're doing things for the good of the club or your own ego.
2. The will of the members will always triumph - if you're using technicalities to gain/maintain power, then you are already doomed, and all you're doing is damaging the club. Far better to walk away now, and keep your dignity intact.

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:36:40 AM »
Motorcycling Victoria has intervened on behalf of the Classic Scramble Club Inc's general members and new Commitee.

All memberships will now be carried forward one month until the 31st of July and renewals and new memberships will be accepted up to the day of the AGM. This means the necessity to hold the AGM before membership expiration no longer exists and member/s who had been illegally excluded will have their say.

AGM meeting will now go ahead on the traditional second saturday in July.  09/07/2016
with an MV appointed Level 4 official as meeting chairman.

This is a fair move for the members and welcome news after our Club's contingent of 10 or so riders and 20+bikes returned from a very succesful trip to the Classic MX Nats at Harrisville.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 09:44:04 AM by Momus »
If you love it, lube it.