Author Topic: Reliving youth  (Read 2130 times)

Broadsta

Reliving youth
« on: August 21, 2007, 11:41:26 PM »
Hey all, luv the new site great job guys,and its cool readn  about every1, they don't seem like just a name now. Eno u crackd me up, yzhilly did u ever live at Eaglehawk? 090, i've already coppd roost from u. & Tim i luv the s/cars as well, we won 2 state vic titles on the chairs albeit in minibikes, & ican still remember Russell Bergmier & lester Trewen blasting around Ravenswood ona 1000cc weslake, jumpn the creek almost as far as the 500s awesome.
Anywho, my 1st bike was a Deckson Daredevil in 1974? & i flogged !#@% outa that lil lawnmower for 3yrs until she died. After pesterin the ol man 4 yonks he finally came home with a yz80d brand spanka, iwas so rapt, & amazed ,at how shiny she was that i didn't ride her 4 the 1st week (she slept in my b/room).
The ol man got yarnin with Ian chooky Pollard the fastest postie in Aust, the whole world probably, man could he pwr slide a lamberretta, & was central vic champ afew times 2 i think. Anywho he said i should think about racin & thats where it all started and was fullon 4 about 8yrs until we moved 2 Coffs Hbr where distance btween tracks, getn a licence, & the 3 evils all had an influence in a premature retirement. After spotting afront wheel stickn out in the back of a mates shed about 3yrs ago i started 2 look around 4 parts & was amazed at how big vmx was. I attended some race meets & saw how much fun every1 was havn & thought igotta get me a piece of this action. So i've purchased an evo250 (the bullys a major)& after 22yrs im back abit slower but a shitload wiser. So if anyone rides BMCC or QVMX come & have a chat im #217.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Re: Reliving youth
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 12:45:17 PM »
G'day Broadsta no i'm not from eaglehawk, i grew up in rowville ,raced at Maldon track a few times in juniors,good track and fast .I'm still waiting to make my return to racing with a postponement and a few event clashes it is getting difficult but i will make it  this season . I'm looking forward to catching up with the forum members around the country in the years to  come should be good fun.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Broadsta

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 10:31:50 PM »
Bummer yzhilly, thought u mighta bin amate from minibike days.I grew up in Maldon & that was my home track, we may have raced 1another.By the way where the hell is Rowville? also was it u that had some old race pics on the old site? if so any chance of puttin them bak up luv checkn out the old piccys.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 10:57:15 PM »
Near Dandenong ,I was racing 100cc C crade in 81,82,83. I should have been B grade in 83 ,still pissed off. Yeah i will post them again in Yamaha .I raced at a title event at Maldon it was huge not sure what year.A mate cartwheeled his RM100 next to the big tree before the first corner in the middle of the pack there was arms and legs and bits of suzuki flying everywhere we thought he was dead, got up withput a scratch lucky. I crashed over the top of the big berm and ended up in the trees with a broken gearshift linkage we fixed it that night and rode the next day,there was a guy riding up the road out front pulling mono,s standing on the seat on a xr250 .awesome times.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 07:23:29 PM »
Welcome abroad..er aboard Simon. Here's to many a good weekend doin' what we love ,riding bikes and talkin' it up ;) Cheers ,Brad