Author Topic: Who wants a laugh at my expense? (My VERY short stunt career)  (Read 15174 times)

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants a laugh at my expense? (My VERY short stunt career)
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 05:22:27 PM »
Definate respect from me Perko, The whole story should be on here mate, Thanks for sharing an awsome part of your life with us. No wonder you rekon the Monza stepups a piece of piss  ;)

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
They dont come any better than Neale Perkins, glad we're mates  ;)

Ken & Dawn Baker

Me too. Not very often you meet people you can call true mates!

The whole story should be on here mate,

Thanks for the sediment but I think that would be a bit much. If someone is interested they'll click the link.

Steve Davis is going to put it in Scooter News
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:16:52 AM by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »
Read the story & hung on every word---loved it & appreciate what you did to keep the crowd happy. 'Me' chicken when it comes to big jumps which makes me appreciate what you did all the more. Thanks.

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 07:11:35 PM »
Wow, a real live Aussie pioneer in showjumping motorcycles. Who knows how far you could have gone in the sideshow game with the right promotion and management, I hear there is big $$$ in that niche industry these days!!
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
Awesome stuff  :D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Viper666

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:37 PM »
Add to this the tireless work that this retired daredevil does for the Ballarat Rovers club won't see me taking the piss or a laugh at the expense of Neale Perkins

Cmon  people will talk

Thanks for the kind words I will be there next year for sure.

PS was I drunk when I told ya?

Stupid question, that was a gimmie
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants a laugh at my expense?
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 11:41:24 AM »
Scary thing is, it could of been your poster hanging beside Suzi Quatro on my bedroom wall instead of Dale Buggins......

FourstrokeForever Will this do?

Yes Neale, that poster would of got a look in beside Suzi Q. Shame you didn't get the right promotion back then. I was a big fan of Dale Buggins as I had aspirations (dreams!) of being a motorcycle stuntman. I was always the first kid to take on a new jump on my BMX and when we all got onto mini's, I always won the "who can jump the furthest" challenge. Even jumped 3 cars that the tip operator pushed together for us on my XR75 using an old car bonnet for the ramp. There was only one other who took it on and he was on a RM125S. Good on you for having a go but could you imagine yourself trying to out show Travis Pastrana these days? The man is a dead set lunatic!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Viper666

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »

Even jumped 3 cars that the tip operator pushed together for us on my XR75 using an old car bonnet for the ramp.

That's the spirit!

Good on you for having a go but could you imagine yourself trying to out show Travis Pastrana these days? The man is a dead set lunatic!

Agree but where would they all be without the pioneers like Evel Kenevel?
They now do double back flips over my biggest jump?

I will add though that landing ramps make it safer and easier.

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2015, 08:36:21 AM »
I agree that Evel Kenevel was the pioneer of attempting ridiculous jumps on even more ridiculous machines. Those Harleys that he destroyed looked like they would be more at home at a Dirt Track meeting! No wonder he had so many crashes. That jump that he did across the Grand Canyon took some very big gonads......

These days the top level stunt guys like Pastrana and co all use foam pits to practice their manouvres before they have a go off a ramp. The guys doing the distance jumps all use computer modelling to set ramp angles etc. before they take off. Bet you never had that luxury Neale.....
And as for the flat landings, I never did appreciate them. The take offs and air time was great. Landing hard on flat ground was never good.

Offline Viper666

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2015, 10:06:36 AM »

And as for the flat landings, I never did appreciate them. The take offs and air time was great. Landing hard on flat ground was never good.

The trick was the faster you went the smother the landing because of inertia. My last jump (145') was the smoothest landing of the lot even though I would have nearly got 14', 16' maybe 18' in height. Look at the angle of my ramps, very slight. Today they're designed for hang time & HAVE to have a landing ramp. You've seen what happens when THEY flat land!

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 11:46:23 PM »
Huge respect for Neale and all of his era. I rode the pushie out to Castlereagh drags to watch Dale do the jumps back in the day and was well impressed.

....However.....

Travis exits perfectly good plane sans parachute.... game over dudes!!!

For balls? Can't see this being topped any day soon.

Might be wrong though and look forward to seeing wilder shit from the comfort of my keyboard.

FWIW I cleared 8 kids on the pushie. Would have been 9 if Tezz didn't put his head up for a look at the last moment  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Shaun

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 11:03:08 AM »
^^^ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ^^^ Rule #1.....Got to keep your head down when being jumped over.