Author Topic: Rediscovered interest (try to kill myself)!  (Read 1514 times)

dave

Rediscovered interest (try to kill myself)!
« on: August 21, 2007, 08:33:37 PM »
Recently, I attended the Conodale Classic and after an adsence from riding for more years than I care to remember (vintage nationals at Dargle in NSW and Amaroo Park some time in the last century :-\). I have decided to start looking for another steed! I living in Brisbane now and keep seeing lots of nice bikes on Ebay but once you add freight it starts getting expensive. Anyone know a good cheap interstate bike freighter please? Cheers.

oldfart

Re: Rediscovered interest (try to kill myself)!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »
Dave welcome aboard
                               I use Fergussons Racing   email them at
                        fergussonracing@bigpond.com.au or phone 03-97431230 .... $275 from Sydney and $385 from Melbourne to YOUR PLACE . :) 

Doc

Re: Rediscovered interest (try to kill myself)!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 07:07:43 PM »
yeah welcome..BrentJ in the faaaaar NT got my little TM75 down from Darwin to Acacia Ridge..some 3500klm's for a mere $80 on Shaw's Transport. I asked how much to send one back and he said..yup..about $80 :o

I know you mentioned 'nice' bike but if it can be broken down and packed on a pallet it's cheaper by the pallet (works well for basket cases or bikes that need some attention and it saves you some work too..thanks Brent! and thanks to Dodgee I now have a sniney 'new' rotary disc so it's no longer sought after..last 1 in the universe I'd reckon ;D )

Australia post from SA to me in Brisvegas was about $350 (RM125C) but again the bike needed to be cut down to manage-able sizes. TNT was much the same. Border Express for 2x RM80s from SA was about $300 but packed in a crate. Just an indication for junkers ;)

towards the demise of the old forum we all but had an east coast vmx delivery service happening  :P if you plan to buy around a big interstate meeting then your chances of someone from this forum throwing it on their trailer..err..placing it on their trailer I meant, all for beer money or similar go through the roof  ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 07:19:00 PM by Doc »