Author Topic: Is anyone else this silly  (Read 23120 times)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else this silly
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2014, 12:50:58 pm »
Speaking of getting a buzz......

I was a kid riding my 1980 CR80 in a paddock next to where I lived at the time as I waited for the school bus to come with my then girlfriend on it. I used to beat the bus home on my pushie.....So there I was doing wheelies and little jumps off a mound of earth keeping an aye out for when the bus came in sight. Bus in sight, time for a big wheelie for the girlfriend to tell her mates about....2nd gear, 3rd  gear, 4th gear, 5th gear.....and over we go. Jumped up and the bike was stuck on full throttle revving to the moon. Pressed the kill button, no workies....shit, pulled the spark plug cap and proceeded to straighten my curly hair while doing the fastest jump on the spot excercise ever seen. I think I looked a lot like Yahoo Serious for a day or 2.....oh, and the girlfriend kept on walking with her friends....
:o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) 8)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2014, 01:53:46 pm »
My argument was that you can fit the slide into a mikuni backwards.
I never said that it would fit properly !

The fact is that it acts like the throttle is on flat out as yamaico looks to have discovered .

If you buy a new mikuni and don't notice that it is the opposite hand , then you fit the old slide which is still on the cable up under the tank [ watercooled husky] you can have problems.

85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2014, 11:32:03 am »
I hear you loud and clear!! ;D :D

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2014, 08:24:07 pm »
oops,doing postmorteum today/nite on my cbSL350,(carked it over lukey island classic),bit's of piston in r/h carby,hmmm whats that thurther up in the filter, rolled up cable tie,hmmm check the l/h one,shit, :o apparently when the nice people at unifilter supply "skins",they pop a cable tie in there for retainment purposes,dumb arse customer didn't spot them did i, ::), :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!