Author Topic: Camper / bike trailer for sale  (Read 3256 times)

Offline Baaarb

• Novice
    • View Profile
Camper / bike trailer for sale
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:12:37 AM »
We have our camper trailer 4 sale - chasing $12,500 for it. I can't figure out how to post photo's, can email anyone interested.

This trailer/ camper is perfect for trail or MX bikes and will sleep a large family or group. Fits 4 full size bikes and can also fit 2 minibikes in between. Has a large storage bin on drawbar. Has plenty of storage space inside trailer with 4 bikes loaded. Could be used for Quad bikes or Go Carts.Upper tent area (on trailer roof) is 3400 x 2100 and will fit 2 double mattresses. Lower tent area (on ground) is 2300 x 3400. Inside of trailer is 3900 x 2100 and can also be used for sleeping when bikes are removed. Has a roll out awning at 2600 x 3400 for undercover area while camping. Full length of trailer (including drawbar) is 5100. Has all new suspension, springs etc fitted recently. Tows very well at highway speeds full or empty. Tires are near new. Trailer has 240v wiring, caravan type plugs and power points. 15A power lead included. Also included is caravan weather cover and stands to prop up loading ramp. Have used for carrying road bikes - need to fill wheel wells with rubber or similar to prevent front disc brake rotors from touching trailer floor. Agg trailer mass = 2000 kgs Unloaded mass = 840 kgs (before camper was fitted) Camper roof and trailer modifications done by "Metalink" Trailers, Qld.

Has been listed also on Gumtree and Trading Post.
Beenleigh, QLD

Baaarb

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: Camper / bike trailer for sale
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »
that'd be it for sure.
i've enjoyed a cuppa tea under that annex and it's plenty cumfy... ;)
"flat bickie"

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
Hey Baaarb, if you don't mind me asking, how much did the camper conversion cost as I'm currently building a trailer and might add something like that later.

Offline Baaarb

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »
Hi bish, 
The trailer cost $6k to build originally, then we spent a further $10ish getting the camper fitted. Needed to get the drawbar strengthened and a new lid made to support the extra weight.
If you  are building a trailer from scratch and want the camper fitted, best to make sure the top is sturdy enough then you could probably get a canvas guy to make one up to fit.
He has some quite good ideas like the double roof to keep it a bit cooler and the whole thing is suspended from the top so there's no poles. The trailer lid can also be lifted up with the tent out and the side awning rolled up.
Let me know if you need more photo's - I took heaps of it the other day.

Tony

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 05:51:17 PM »
The other selling point would be only carried suzuki's :D