Author Topic: livewire nzvmx round 3  (Read 3331 times)

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
livewire nzvmx round 3
« on: December 04, 2012, 04:07:39 PM »

albrid-3

Re: livewire nzvmx round 3
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 04:19:34 PM »
What a great track and country side, you new Zealanders are so lucky to have such undulation paddocks to have to race on.

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »
Awesome pics Warren thanks  :)

We here in sunny Taupo hosted Rd3 of the livewire NZ VMX champs last weekend . We were Fuct over by the land owners on the tuesday before the meeting when they pulled the pin on the original venue ( only been arranged 6 months ago )  ::)

Fortunatley a local MX friendly family came up with the venue in the pics Warren has posted at a moments notice , and only 10 kms from the original venue  :)

Pre event i was a bit anxious as the replacment venue was smaller than the original and therefore the track was shorter and a lot more technical .

A big thanks to the Land owners the Kiwi VMX team and all the competitors for their support . The technical track really provided some great racing and a first for KIWI VMX a protest  :D (cant imagine who was protested  ;D)

The weather was kind to us and 99% of those who rode left the event with a grin and those of us who stayed for a social well thats another story . Next rd is in mid febuary so a bit of time to fettle bikes and remove a dent or two from tanks (fell off the bloody trailer  ::))

Big thanks to my personal factory mechanic Mike Felton of MJ autoworks for sorting the jetting on my KX 125  ;D shes hauling now so shouldn't need anymore protest about dodgy passes as i wont have to carry the corner speed now it revs clean off the bottom  ;)

In the photos is our own Liz Taylor (Suzuki 59 ) looking resplendent in his new JT Dalmation gear  ;D
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 04:30:09 PM by TM bill »

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »
Cool photos  Warren thanks from me as well. :)
It was another great Kiwi vmx event,very well organised and hosted by Bill,Groomy and Augie.
The track standard has been set very high this year,and the post match socials are bloody good fun. ;D

Marc dot com and others! you are missing out on awesome fun!

I can"t wait for round four  ;D
Cheers Craig

Offline Rusty

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:05 AM »
A huge thank you to the organizers.  While you may have had to find a new venue at short notice and did not have a lot of choices with the track, you did turn out a fun and challenging track.

First time back on a bike in a dozen years and the first time out on something I haven't ridden in 35 years - an air cooled 125.  Hell of a lot of fun and happily I did not finish DFL.
Poke that bone back in and wrap it up tight sport - I am racing the second moto.

Offline Scunge

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 08:46:58 PM »
Suzuki59 Liz Taylor or should I use his new nickname; "Dogger Taylor".

Actually that brings back memories of Suzuki59 back in his younger years,  and his ladies.... still what goes on tour stays on tour!

Another premier NZ grass track!

Planning on getting over there for the last round. As long as the extraterrestrial is there to buy me some beverages when they stop serving me due to my Aussie accent! :D

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 09:23:42 AM »
I was right Craig - you do look g-y!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 12:09:43 PM »
I was right Craig - you do look g-y!
I am afraid Roscoe,that sounds like you're making a pass at me....

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 12:19:43 PM »
whilst that is an exceptional reply Craig I am afraid it is sick and wrong on so many different levels! ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »
  Suzuki59 ;  Craig its bit of a change from the Cotton I remember you riding . Wow its missing a shocky . Iain 54
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »
Different Craig Iain,I did have a 1979 Honda CR250RZ for a while in NSW but mainly a single shock man back then like now mate.
Cheers Craig

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 07:01:54 PM »
Team Taupo you pulled off a great meeting and I loved the track. Gutted in the 3rd race when leading out of the second corner and I had forgotten to turn the fuel tap on. The mistake of apprentices  :-[  best thing to happen though since my lack of fitness would've sorted me out by the forth corner  ;D
Thanks Daryl, Bill and team.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 07:31:13 PM »
  Gutted in the 3rd race when leading out of the second corner and I had forgotten to turn the fuel tap on.....

THAT old trick !!     :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 08:12:39 PM »
  Gutted in the 3rd race when leading out of the second corner and I had forgotten to turn the fuel tap on.....

THAT old trick !!     :D

The other riders were all over me so the lead wasn't going to last but my 15sec of fame wasnt taken away by a rider passing me  :D    so any excuse, seizure, stripped box, big end, but no, I tell the truth and copped the shit for the rest of the week  ;D  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer