Author Topic: Old DT-1 GYT Kit Photos  (Read 7387 times)

IT400C

Old DT-1 GYT Kit Photos
« on: August 06, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »
I bought a box of magazines 18 years ago that also had some brochures in it.  As I worked my way to the bottom of the box I came across some professional photos of a GYT kit.   ;D

Here are the scans..  Back of photo states "DT-1 GYT Kit" and has the stamp "Fairfield Studios, 50 Smart Street, Fairfield. Phone 72 7395"   :D

« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 12:31:34 PM by IT400C »

firko

Re: Old DT-1 GYT Kit Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 12:41:20 PM »
Super stuff, I've filed 'em already. Thanks heaps.
Does anyone have a GYT DT1 head they'd like to sell? Actually any GYT parts would be nice, especially a genuine high front fender/mudguard. I'm going to turn my Old Bike Australia magazine covergirl DT1 Enduro into a DT1MX.
The restored DT1 Enduro part of the room is getting a little crowded. ;D

IT400C

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 12:45:15 PM »
Firko, I can email you higher quality scans if you want...  Let me know..

firko

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »
I'd love them, I'm sure Ken at VMX would like to have them on file as well so CC them to him as well.

IT400C

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 12:50:28 PM »
Cool, I'll try and get them off today - If not, Monday..

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:53:06 PM »
told you that guy was pulling his dick with some of the items he claimed where GYT. specially that  head it was just an enduro jobby.

The full factory catalogue kit actually has i think about 30 parts numbers listed ( i have the listed part numbers listing sheet somewhere), but many parts arent performance persae' they are things like blind plug for the tacho drive on motor, main jets, front and rear sprocket, spark plug, insulator spacer, i think a 3rd gear and pinion and so on, infact i have it for the Rt1 as well and they are similar in most areas and its just as many items too.

Interesting Carby in the photo or maybe it just looks differant in the cable top cover, bit hard to see in the PHotos ,for a proffsional studio they are very average

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

IT400C

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 01:01:37 PM »
Interesting Carby in the photo or maybe it just looks differant in the cable top cover, bit hard to see in the PHotos ,for a proffsional studio they are very average

That's probably why they were in the box of magazines - these were probably rejects....

firko

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 03:10:27 PM »
You've got to remember that these shots were probably taken in 1968 using some old Minolta or Roliflex. Like IT400C says, these'd be out takes as they're all basically the same shot. Good stuff though. As well as what's shown the full GYT kit also included front and rear fenders, serrated footpegs, different throttle, different airbox/filter, 21"front wheel, heavier fork and shock springs and more stuff I can't remember.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »
I have just put a scanned image out of an old book you guys might be interested in on the main page

Offline DOK

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 05:07:22 PM »
wow I grew up just near Fairfield.
Both my grandparents also lived in Fairfield.
My Father loved to tell us kids when we were young how he lived in Smart St went to School in Smart St and even worked in Smart St.
Reckons he just cant work out how he ended up but so dumb.
DOK

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »
But dok did HE tell you he looked out the 5th. class room window and watched the last train from Prospect to Fairfield station travel up Smithfield rd? [now Horsley drive]... I did. cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
The DT1 is a 250 and AT1 a 125....is that what you're asking Alison?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 10:38:08 AM »
looking at the gyt kit pics reminded me of a cock up i wanted to forget [thanks], mine [chrome] was worn but useable [in desperation], but stuffed now as i thought i'd be kind to it & give it a new piston kit, used DT1 mx with disastrous consequences in about 5 minutes or less. I hear the words of "Mr Know It All" saying--you really should have known. Cheers. ps, have an LA Sleeve in another one with a bridged [large] exhaust port, cut the bridge out 30 odd years ago--40 years ago!! & got away with it till recently [not used much], 40 year old piston broke ringland--time for rebore. Cheers.