Author Topic: I'm new and easily impressed! would the GT80 boffins please school me...  (Read 1068 times)

DGreaser

Hi there....so a mate and I have got a hold of this GT80 and are planning on a resto, but neither of us are real experts on the older stuff. We've both had our share of bikes but not the older ones...cars yes, bikes no.
So if the resident experts don't mind helping a newbie, I'm keen to find out as much info on these little machines as I can.
From what I've worked out so far, with this being a 12/75 model it must be a GT80C and be Chappy green annnd that's about it. So a few questions, are these really road registerable and if so were they all or only certain models? and are these worth keeping original?
So anyway, here's a few pics for all to cast an eye over and fill me in on what we've got. I'd be keen to see any pics of others GT80's as well. I've done plenty of google searches etc, but its always good to know the story behind them and be able to ask questions.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Frostype400 is the guy to talk to, he's young but has just finished a full resto of 1.
http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=12739.0

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Well you must have got the 12/75 date off the compliance plate so it is registrable.

You are missing most the road gear but it isn't to hard to find.

The front guard is hard to find too because they were pretty flimsy depends what sort of restoration you are doing I have seen the mx80 guards alot on eBay US brand new originals.

You can get most gear off eBay.com I have a few spares depends where are located though, thanks Michael.
1971 tm400 and PE's