Author Topic: electric CR  (Read 1973 times)

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
electric CR
« on: March 12, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Rosco400

Re: electric CR
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »
That is truly amazing, can see it now, instead of you forgetting to put fuel in your bike, it will be did you charge the batteries before the race :D Now only if they would reopen Hungry Creek :-\

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:07:51 PM »
It would fork up the noise police
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

YSS

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 03:46:05 PM »
I think the launch date is 1.4.08   , free test ride for everyone.  Book now , be quick  :D

Quicksilver

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:14:23 PM »
If you have electric bike and your one of these people who incorrectly call engines " Motors" you would be spot on referring to your power plant as a "motor" in an electric bike. ;D
So then, why arn't motorbikes called enginebikes??  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;) ??? Or motor cars called engine cars????????
Its a strange world.. hahahahahah.. ::)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 08:39:33 PM »
And why are Yellow Cabs painted orange...
Hey Quickie, pls explain the 'engines aren't motors unless they're electric' thing.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Quicksilver

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 07:37:11 AM »
Wombat. this is my understanding. :)

A motor is electric, an engine is internal combustion.

The scientific terms are defined as...... 
A motor is an electric energy to mechanical energy
An engine is defined as heat energy (from burning fuel, internal combustion) to mechanical energy

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 04:24:13 PM »
And here I was thinking life was simple... ;)
Thanks for that, I had no idea!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 11:40:10 AM »
this bike is obviously the way that bikes, dirt bikes and motocross is going to go.  and these guys have got it pretty sussed.  its one thing to make an electric bike that is big and heavy - its another to make one that could be raced on dirt for real.  how cool would it be to turn up at your local track with one of these - talk about eyeballs!  plus all that instant grunt too!!

be sad to see (rather, hear) the end of motorised motocross racing though, cause we all know it adds to the drama of the thing.  a near dead quiet race would take a bit of getting used to...

little way to go before we go there though.  just enough for us to get our fill of loud, dirty and mucho fun old dirt bike racing.  just.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 06:53:53 PM »
Its a good and bad at the same time. It will ensure racing and riding into the future but the negative is that it will render our bikes ornaments as they will eventually be banned from being started at all because of the enviromental impact. I supose it will be the same for all internal combustion thingys!