Author Topic: Scott Goggles  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Scott Goggles
« on: October 12, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »
Just rediscovered the Scott full face mask I had lying about, anyone tell me which Scott goggle models it should fit '''' I am thinking 83 but who knows I wore Smiths back in the day
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

Re: Scott Goggles
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:50:52 AM »
Marc i would stick with the Smiths , i used Scott goggles ever since the 70s until a couple of years ago. Somwhere along the track scott goggles became 3rd rate shit . I was too brand blind (no pun intended )to see it  ::) the modern version just falls to bits after a couple of washes , the foam splits and the glue comes unstuck  >:(

I finally bought a pair of Oakleys and a pair of Smiths and on both counts after a couple of seasons and loads of washes there as good as the day i bought them. I would have gone through probably half a dozen pairs of Scotts in the same period and that would have involved glueing them back together until i got pissed off and binned them  ::)

Back to your original question i think the mask fits 83, and 89 models , i have a box full of redundant original and later venturi scott mask  :D I will one day try to marry them upto the Oakleys or Smiths . I have not had much call for the mask as when i changed goggle brands i also moved into a full face helmet  :o

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 05:42:11 AM »
would be good to know. Have a chineese type knock off mask to try with open face this season
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 08:54:01 AM »
Yep, fits Scott 83's....I *think* that 89's were the same frame, only deeper to allow for glasses
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
what is a good pair of goggles nowadays to use with glasses - a particular model?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:24:01 AM »
Marc i would stick with the Smiths , i used Scott goggles ever since the 70s until a couple of years ago. Somwhere along the track scott goggles became 3rd rate shit .

Hi Bill, thanks for the useful insight/ still think Smiths roll offs were the best goggle system on the planet, rode heaps of enduros in all sorts of conditions with them and no complaints.

Maybe I will look for earlier NOS Scott frames and go from there.
formerly Marc.com