Author Topic: Vale Arthur Hamburger  (Read 1293 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Vale Arthur Hamburger
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:59:29 PM »
I received a 'phone call from my friend Fred Boyd this evening that another old friend has bit the dust.I remember Arthur as a friendly clubman from the Fairfield mob who was a regular at Nepean and other venues going back to the old S.A.C. meetings. It's a sad fact of life that as you get to my age old friends and associates start to pass on. As those of us who saw Arthur at the Nepean fiftieth anniversary meeting realised he was not looking good and was having a hard time of it. Arthur's cheery smile will be missed.
  pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

firko

Re: Vale Arthur Hamburger
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »
Jeez....I liked old Arthur. He rode quite a bit of vintage in the late 80's/early 90's on his sweet '74 440 Maico but unfortunately he got sick around 95 or so (some sort of gut problem) and sold up much of his stuff. His 440 now owned by Eddie Phipps and I bought a 400 square barrel which now lives in Victoria that I wish I had kept. I think that everyone who met 'Arfa' for the first time couldn't help having a private chuckle over his name but he took all of the ribbing in good fun and it wouldn't take long before he won you over with his wit and larrikin charm. He was a character and it's very sad to know he's not with us any more.........Thanks for the memories 'Arfa'.

Curly3

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 07:37:46 AM »
I didn't know him personally but I certainly knew of him.
My father knew him and my uncle Harold and his sons were heavily involved in the Fairfield club.
By all accounts he was a great fella and will be sadly missed I'm sure.
Best wishes to his family & friends.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »
I believe our late friend Arthur was 73.  pancho
dont follow me i'm probably off line!