Author Topic: CR480RC roller and CR125RE runner.  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
CR480RC roller and CR125RE runner.
« on: September 21, 2008, 02:41:55 PM »
NOT MINE!

I bought some Volvo bits off a bloke the other day, and it turns out that he's also a dirt bike guy...

The 480 is rough, but not disgusting. No motor, pipe, or carby, and I didn't see an airbox. Spokes are rusty, forks had some rust between the triples (had fork boots, so I don't know about the seal surface). CDI box was there.
Front brake is stuck on.

The 125 is a pretty decent, original looking thing - plastics are a bit faded, but it doesn't have the look of a bike that's been leaning against a shed for the last 15 years either...
It has two brand new tyres, and a brand new chain & sprockets.
Water pump has corroded out, but he is going to fix that before selling it.
Front brake lever comes back to the bars.

$200 for the 480 (with the brake un-stuck) and $1500 for the 125. I don't know if these are subject to any haggling, but I got the impression that they weren't.

Bikes are in Wollongong, and if you're interested, send me a PM and I'll send you his number.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline djphonda

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: CR480RC roller and CR125RE runner.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »
Nathan, PM sent thanks Dave

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: CR480RC roller and CR125RE runner.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:42:33 PM »
OK, the 480 roller has been sold.

My apologies to all of the people who's PM I didn't reply to - the first interested party was dead keen, so I thought I'd wait and make sure he went through with the purchase before handing out the number to anyone else - and that took me until today....
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.