Author Topic: New Guy with DT100A  (Read 950 times)

CaptainFur

New Guy with DT100A
« on: April 24, 2010, 06:50:36 PM »
Hi,

Just joined, my first bike (back in the 70's) was a DT100A and I recently bought a rough DT100A that I want to restore.  The plan to eventually register it and use it for pottering around on and maybe explore a few trails. 

Cheers,

Glenn
Geelong

Online Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: New Guy with DT100A
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:57:45 PM »
welcome Glen.

DT100A, bet that took some time to find one of those.

good luck with the resto, many knowledgeable Yamaha fans on here so if you need help just ask.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 11:48:39 AM »
G'day Glen from another (upper class 2n Glenn) :P
Pics...........don't forget the progress pictures! I'm hoping to get a look at what sounds like an MX100 I heard about the other day as well.

DR

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
yup welcome aboard Glen, I've a little 'future' project tucked away also ;)

probably fix it up to a tidy runner with the styling of the MX125 ;) 

CaptainFur

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 01:33:39 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.   :)

Some Pics of my new bike - looks better in pics than in real life!  Was originally gold but has been roughly painted blue.

A couple pics from the 1970s of my old bike:

I have the lights etc for my new bike but am missing the speedo and it's bracket (will keep an eye on ebay) and the silencer has been butchered so if anyone has a spare silencer let me know.  The front low guard has also been butchered so intend to replace with a plastic high mount guard (unless I find a new low mount guard).  Will see about getting a new seat cover to get it looking more original.  The front wheel has been painted silver, so I'm guessing the chrome must be pretty rough underneath.  Motor runs but probably needs a rebore as it's been running without the air filter.

Cheers