Author Topic: CR250RE  (Read 1535 times)

Missile

CR250RE
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:18:15 PM »
Hi all

Well Im sure not a VMX racer in fact i didn't know the scene even existed until a few days ago

But I've dusted off my old CR thats been in the shed since i moved into town about 4 years ago.. I need a good excuse and place to ride it but none of my mates have bikes anymore.. anyway I discovered some of the rubber has perished and its not looking as good as it used to

so i figured i should strip it right down and and rebuild it up to the standard that ive seen from some of the members here which is fricken awesome

Can anyone recommend a workshop manual? i notice there are a couple of different ones, maybe more?

1984 CR250R

Thanks

Nick

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: CR250RE
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 02:25:32 PM »
so i figured i should strip it right down and and rebuild it up to the standard
Thanks
Nick

Welcome Nick, may I suggest you buy another bike to ride ,while doing a rebuild on the CR,,,you'll get hooked good and proper then  ;D 
Which state of Oz are you in ?
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:25:47 PM »
Nick - welcome mate.  There are probably heaps on US EBay - I would  steer away from a generic Clymer one - go OEM.

regards

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Missile

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 03:01:09 PM »
Welcome Nick, may I suggest you buy another bike to ride ,while doing a rebuild on the CR,,,you'll get hooked good and proper then  ;D 
Which state of Oz are you in ?
cheers

Haha baby steps.. i gotta keep the wife in a good mood.. one bike at a time is the key I think

im in the ACT now

Nick - welcome mate.  There are probably heaps on US EBay - I would  steer away from a generic Clymer one - go OEM.

regards

Rossco

Cool thanks, I'll look for that one :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 05:03:19 PM by Missile »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 07:17:44 PM »
Hi Nick,

If you are in Canberra there's a few of us here that ride and race VMX. In fact one of us, TwistAndShout here on the forum, owned an 84 CR250 for a while a few years back. He *may* still have the workshop manual for it. I think he said he still has a few bits. Maybe PM him? If I remember I'll ask him about it tomorrow. Or PM me for his contact details.

Graeme

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
hey nick i cand send you a copy of the genuine manual if you want one via email ive got 2 cr250 re so anything i can help with let me know

Missile

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
cool thanks guys, good to know there is some crew in Canberra :)

I'd definitely like a emailed copy too.. pm incoming  ;D