Author Topic: Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro- event notes...  (Read 5721 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro- event notes...
« on: May 29, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
Just competed in the inaugural Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro for pre 88 muddaboiks. full competitive timecard event with transponder special test timing. My first Multi event. while there is lots of stuff on FB, i thought i would post something here for those not seeing that stuff.

my prep for this event was poor, i had left the prior two weeks free but with a sudden job out of town and family commitments that suddenly materialised i was only able to get to the bike on weds nite. A test ride of the LC 400 twin shock a few weeks before revealed the 34 year old shock seals had failed!! :'( must be warranty on these surely?? ;D. so they got sent to the mr mcHanics for a new set. As there were 3 special tests that i did intend to walk all this intent vanished and as things happen, on the thursday morning of scrutineering i had the front wheel out awaiting a HD tube, and having read the GCR's realised i had no x brace pad, sidecovers on the bike and the stand needed fixing! Additionally a noise and light test :doh: so arrived at the site late, passed everything and put the bike into impound....Realising i had only half a tank ???
From that point, after 300+ kms in the slippery greasiest rutted rocky tree root infested sections (was lots of easy stuff too) all i had to do was fuel it, lube the chain and tighten the front axle nut once. cant ask for much more than that from a bike.
Highlights were the special tests, so great to ride! Hats off and a big cheer to the team for the commitment and work on them. (Having NOT walked the tests i got lost in every one >:( ) The powerline red clay slippery slide was pretty awesome as was the swamp with the red clay exit wall. the mix of trails and road sections was pretty good as well. its a 10 / 10 score from and im looking forward to the next one.

Offline Tony.Brown

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro- event notes...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 01:03:21 PM »
Glad you fixed that stand, I had a very nice corked thigh after it fell on me at Yass!
Great story and excellent result!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:46:06 PM »
rec reg coming to nsw...you will be on the start line nxt year even if i have to drive up and kidnap your bike... ;D

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 01:47:45 PM »
Read your post post several times.

Just competed in the inaugural Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro. My first Multi event. after 300+ kms in the slippery greasiest rutted rocky tree root infested sections (was lots of easy stuff too) all i had to do was fuel it, lube the chain and tighten the front axle nut once.

Nearly paints a picture. "completed", well done.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Tony.Brown

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 10:55:24 AM »
rec reg coming to nsw...you will be on the start line nxt year even if i have to drive up and kidnap your bike... ;D

I'll admit I did do the logistics for this years event, shame it clashed with the best VTR event of the year......

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 11:42:31 AM »
whole different level of commit to do the competition c/w a vinduro but thats the main issue for people and i get it, its hard to get an ol bike to handle 3 days of tough riding let alone an old body! its the main reason vinduros are so popular, no pressure, no cares, no major effort and low cost. just go riding...get a flat? go back and have a break, maybe fix it!! who cares. So start the psych up and get the bike prep happening!

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 12:37:19 PM »
This event was very achievable for your average VTR or VERI punter. Tracks were easy and the times very loose plus there is a rally class if you dont wish to race. its just like a normal vinduro meet 3 days in a row!..yaaahhh

whole different level of commit to do the competition c/w a vinduro but thats the main issue for people and i get it, its hard to get an ol bike to handle 3 days of tough riding let alone an old body! its the main reason vinduros are so popular, no pressure, no cares, no major effort and low cost. just go riding...get a flat? go back and have a break, maybe fix it!! who cares. So start the psych up and get the bike prep happening!

Offline Gday

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 10:29:54 PM »
The A3VE video trailer is up now for viewing here
https://www.clensmedia.com/vintage-enduro

with the full video due late July. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 09:59:36 AM by Gday »

Offline Gday

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2019, 10:00:32 AM »
A still gallery is now loaded onto the site above.