Author Topic: Digital cameras  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Digital cameras
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:11:48 PM »
Hey all, im selling off some off my current camera demo stock. 

If you are looking for a cheap xmas present or sick of making excuses that your camera is being repaired and cant post in the forum ;D  here is a good chance to buy a new digital at half price or less.

Im supposed to turn over my demo stock every few months , these have never been used, come in original packaging as i only take them out to physically show dealers, so they are AS NEW.

These models are from our vivitar range so they arent our high end stuff, but perfect for most everyday usage, family , sport, xmas presents , most also have video and take sd cards etc.   

They will be sold at my landed cost, so thats less than the dealers price and near half retail !  ;)

Go online to see features and check RRP, they are retail packed so the dearer ones will include lithium batteries and the cheaper ones usually use AA batteries - i have a few recycleable batteries in my car and ill try steal some charges for the first 2-3 camera sold, they dont normaly come with them and are worth another $30-40 bucks on there own so youll be wayyyy infront ( well the first 2 will be - the rest will  just be infront ! ) Anyway they come just as they would if you bought them from a reputible camera house/shop.  

i though this would be a good chance to offer my friends here first bite.    Because they are on the books as demo stock you wont get a reciept, and if you decide to sell them on ebay and make some money, anyone asks you one them in the club raffle - i donated them too ( otherwise it looks like im onselling internal stock - sorry but im not losing my job over a $200 camera. )  PM me if your interested and add $9 next day post pack to the prices here. 

Only one i have left are the following.:

$89 (RRP $269) 
http://www.ricoh.com.au/products/viewproduct.asp?productid=623&range=Earlier+Vivitar+models&RangeID=10

$235 (RRP $399)
$59 (RRP $130) Vivitar 3713
$49 (RRP $130)  Vivitar 3605Xi
Sold $105 (RRP $199)
sold$285 (RRP $595)
Sold $62 (RRP $129)
sold $135 (RRP $239)
sold $245 (RRP $399)
sold $45 (RRP $129)
sold$168 (RRP $249)

Merry Xmas to the wife - now she can take pic's of you at the track :O)

IF YOu WANT YOU CAN PAYPAL TO MUNCHBOXLIVE@hotmail.com or BSB, just ask for details, please PM me first to be sure i still have it and you the first to ask for that unit and dont forget to add $9 to pay for a next day post bag ---- cheers guys.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 12:47:09 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Tony T

Re: Digital cameras
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 03:16:55 PM »
I always thought you worked in the motorcycle industry?
Who do you work for? Being a photographer, I buy a bit of gear and would like to support a fellow VMXer if I can.  ;D
pm me if you don't want to go public.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 03:28:02 PM by Tony T »

YSS

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
Freaky , I thought you where working for Yamaha Pitmans ?  Well, I am looking for a top of the range SLR.

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »
Caps ole mate, here's your chance. No more sending away for repair and with anew digital when you get the next RH yool have the camera ready to go! ;D

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
I always thought you worked in the motorcycle industry?
Who do you work for? Being a photographer, I buy a bit of gear and would like to support a fellow VMXer if I can.  ;D
pm me if you don't want to go public.

PM'd
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:03:24 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 05:00:50 PM »
Freaky ,  Well, I am looking for a top of the range SLR.
  Yes i work with the pitmans, but in not based there, i  also have a real job.   
Sorry i cant sell you Camera gear unless its  put in my demo wharehouse stock room ( well listed there anyway) as we have dealers for selling retail they get funky when they find out we are selling stock on the side, then my arse gets kicked, specially when the serial number comes up as a private sale unless you have a last name like mine ( family)  ill have a look if i have SLR in my stockrooms, but i dont think so we usually onsell them to the dealers at a reduced price to keep them sweet.  I normally sell this stuff to my family and they ebay it and make some money or sell it to ther friends, that way i dont have to deal with bargin hunters.

Speak to Tony T, he would be able to give you the best advice on the brand and price range for your application.  Unless you have a really good reason to spend $$$$ on an SLR and genuinely need it, these 10 meg point and shoots will do 99% of any photo youll be taking and a damsight easier specially MAcro modes on those shockes of yours.

PS - and No these cameras are not hot, but at this price they are sizzling !  I just thought someone might like a bargin for a change, and i gave all mine out last year for xmas so this year ill need to actually go shopping  :-\
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:15:29 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

YSS

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 05:32:04 PM »
Yes the macro is important to us , you hit the nail on the head.
Second thought , because I travel all the time to Bangkok or europe  , could I buy a SLR from you and get the GST back at the airport ?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:35:06 PM by YSS »

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 06:39:33 PM »
Sheezas    Freaky you have more irons in the fire than a blacksmith

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 07:01:47 PM »
Yes the macro is important to us , you hit the nail on the head.
Second thought , because I travel all the time to Bangkok or europe  , could I buy a SLR from you and get the GST back at the airport ?
  umm you wont get any warranty on OS units, and although if you buy a SLR i cant get a reciept other wise youll have to pay the real price.  LIke i said i dont hink you need a SLR, unless you filming from turn 1 at the bruno circuit with a tripod and a lens longer than your arm an SLr is an over kill and at 5k for a good one a waste of money, my original RICOH 2 meg pixles digital hand held can macro the hairs on an ants leg, and also compact enough to stick into the smallest places including cylinder heads ? i have used it for warrenty work by sticking it in the frame and also crash work on glass scratches, they are fast easy and compact, try sticking an SLR body under a petrol tank to take a reverse picture of a broken top shocker mount on a alloy frame ?
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 09:13:13 AM »
Oldfart the 8600 comes with a rechargeable lithium battery.  Usb leads and also AV leads ( movies with sound)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 09:16:00 AM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 11:54:22 AM »
can you guys that have paid AKA firko and old fart give us your postal address i really want to post them off today !
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

oldfart

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 08:48:24 PM »
Not too sure what's going on with your last post??????

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 10:02:11 PM »
didnt you tell me you paid for yours ? So i need your postal address so i can post the camera  ::)

you know the place where you live  ::) old fart are you senile  :-\
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »
The senile one has sent you a pm  ;D

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:44:51 PM »
Hey Freaky i got the cameras ,shit hot if i can get them back off my kids i'm sure i will they will be very good and thanks for the 400 book . I'm just fitting up my fox airshock to  the YZ400E it looks the goods i cant wait to test it.
thanks Hilly.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436