Author Topic: Project bike clearance sale.  (Read 10299 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Project bike clearance sale.
« on: June 04, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »
Had enough of the things sitting here doing nothing, or moving very slowly.
Not keen to seperate, unless you offer me an outrageous amount of money for the specific part that you want...
Most of them have extra spares that I can't be bothered mentioning specifically - if you give me what I want, then you get ALL of the bits that I own to suit that model bike (except for the YZ125E, but even that's negotiable).

I'll post pics if people are interested. Some of the stuff needs to be dug out, so I'm keen to avoid spending hours unearthing it if nobody has any interest.

1. 1979 YZ125F. Pretty much all there, two engines (neither are matching numbers to the frame), all plastics inc side covers, new VMX Plastics front number plate and both mudguards. $800.

2. Three TS185s. 74 and two 73 models, IIRC. 74 is very low mileage bike with original hand grips etc, needing cosmetic resto (some parts already refurbished and ready to bolt on). New parts include piston kit and seat cover (both genuine).
First 73 model is jimson's unfinsihed race bike. Has TM75 tank, CR80 seat, fork extenders, TM125 front wheel & brake with brand new tyre, and the frame has had the extra 'doo hickeys' removed.
Second 73 model is an ugly thing that I've kept as a parts bike - pretty sure that its a complete bike missing only ignition.
There's extras like wheels, airboxes, fuel tanks, seats, etc.
$600 for the lot, or make me an offer.

3. MX100A. Could easily be left as is - its a WAY above average, very original bike. Still has original front tyre (unfortunately the tyre is badly cracked, but it shows how little work the bike has done).
Original handle bars, levers, seat cover, etc. Includes new VMX Plastics front number plate, and better front tyre.
$900, could negotiate WRT the really nice original bits that I'd like to keep for my YZ125A - you'd get the 'not rubbish' bits from my YZ-A.

4. YZ125E with DT175 motor fitted. Not running but has spark and compression. Good tyres.
Has IT fuel tank, and the other plastics have been painted IT blue. Comes with YZ tank. Can also include another YZ125E frame and matching numbers engine cases.
$300, maybe a bit more if you want some more of my 125E bits.

5. IT175D/E/Fs.
The F is a complete bike, fitted with a DT175 motor and an IT125 top end. YZ125F pipe. Complianced frame. Near new VMX Plastics mudguards, and original IT-J head-light. Renthal alloy 'bars.
The two parts bikes are D or Es. There must be close to another complete bike between the two of them. Both have motors in pieces.
$600 the lot, or will seperate or make me an offer.

6. Yamaha YM/YDS pre-65 bike. YM1 frame & swing arm, motor in pieces and rear wheel. Two sets of new piston kits, two 26mm DT1 carbies. Montesa Betor forks and triple clamps. Montesa enduro fibreglass fuel tank (looks right!). Early Yamaha front hub and spokes, mud-catcher rims. Old style levers, throttle assembly and kill-switch. Old style Renthal bars. Main bits missing/needed are rod kits, exhaust pipes, seat and kick-start lever.
Spare YDS5(?) frame, YDS6 motor (bottom end only).
$350 the lot. All engine related parts sold. $100 for remaining YDS/YM parts? Make me an offer.

7. YZ125G basket case. Barrel just gone to last oversize (+2.00mm) but still not really clean. Great forks, healthy shock. Pretty much all there except side covers, exhuast and rear rim, I think. Rear hub has a crack in it, should be weld-able as its away from the spoke holes?
$500. $400? Make me an offer, will seperate.

8. SOLD. RT1 pre-70 bike. Has BRAND NEW (virgin bore) RT1MX barrel that has been ported - have been promised 40hp+ and a power curve that is a straight line. Several new piston kits (every size from standard to +1.00, at least). Needs a rod kit (you could get away without, but I wasn't keen to risk the new barrel). Includes both a non-working DT360A CDI ignition, and original points ignition (if they're any help?).
36 or 38mm Mikuni.
Have specs for a proper race pipe, may also have a stock pipe.
Original wheels laced into gold alloy rims, very good tyres.
Alloy bars, decent levers, new grips, new kill-switch.
Frame needs minor welding to suit Honda seat (XL500S?).
Some spare engine bits, I just can't recall what's there.
$900.

9. KLX250. Bit vague on exactly what I've got here, but I'm pretty sure that there's a complete bike except for seat & plastics (think I've got a tank, probably have a front guard).
$350ish, depending on what's actually there.

10.  SOLD. MX125A. This is a big project, and probably really best for parts as the frame is badly rusted - although it does include a DT frame for rust repair sections. Seat is a base only, guards are badly weathered, forks and shocks have badly rusted shafts.
On the bright side: Matching numbers. Two decent fuel tanks, a pair of excellent side covers, barrel on first over-size, beautiful exhaust. New old-style grips. Correct old-style levers and kill-switch. NOS rear sprocket. Original handlebars (need rechroming though).
I might consider seperating this one, but $400 for the lot.

11. AG100/175. $75. See here: http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=13944.msg139458#msg139458 SOLD.

12. 1988 DT175. $450. See here: http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=13941.msg139434#msg139434

If you're excited by the idea of a KDX175, KDX200A, DT1 race bike, MX250A race bike, XL175, clean rideable IT175K or 95% complete 89 KTM125MX, then just ask.

Its all in Yass, in southern NSW (near Canberra). And no, I'm not going to CD7.  :'( I can probably help out with transport to Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne for the cost of fuel.

04000 23847

« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:33:26 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Project bike clearance sale.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 06:38:31 AM »
nathan
would you have a good seat foam for yz125x also a good tank that might fit so i dont damage my good alloy 1
cheers
jim

All Things 414

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 08:20:28 AM »
I'm hovering over the "buy it now button" on that AG 100. :-X What to do..what to do....... :-\

mainline

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 08:58:24 AM »
Careful Nathan, the Hoarders Society will cancel your membership!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 11:16:54 PM »
That RT1 is a hurting...Mmmmm :) ;)            reality check no cash  :( cheers Nathan :) tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 06:23:53 AM »
Nathan why you no go to CD7  :o

firko

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 07:37:24 AM »
PM sent Nathan.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 08:16:36 AM »

The Wife's and The Boy's birthday on the Sunday... Yes, yes, I need to grow a pair etc, but this man is not stupid enough to try to tackle the raging pregnancy hormones even for Classic Dirt...

No PM yet, Firko?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 10:09:02 AM »
The PM should be there now Nathan. I sent it to the wrong bloke (Sorry Tim).  Serves me right for posting before I properly woke up. ::)

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 10:44:52 AM »
Wheres the VR Nathan, looking looking looking  :o

TM BILL

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »

The Wife's and The Boy's birthday on the Sunday... Yes, yes, I need to grow a pair etc, but this man is not stupid enough to try to tackle the raging pregnancy hormones even for Classic Dirt...

No PM yet, Firko?

Fair enough Nathan  :) wont be the same without you though  :(  Pregnancy is there another Senior /Junior on the way  :-X

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 05:58:11 PM »

Keep looking if you want Rob, but you won't find it! Part of the motivation to clear these out is to get the important ones finished - particularly the VR.

Bill, Yeah, middle of September. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm really looking foward to my wife getting her brain back.

mx250

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
I'm looking forward to it, but I'm really looking foward to my wife getting her brain back.
Oh Dear ::), I take it that your wife is not looking over your shoulder at the mo ;D.

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 06:59:26 PM »
Nathan , wasn't your wife expecting at CD5.           Will miss your presence and camp fire yarns.

Offline Snowy 76

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »
Your not coming Nathan, 30 less bikes for me to ride/fall off  ::) will give you a call to let you know how it`s going ;D ;D ;D
Couple of CR`s