Author Topic: New South Wales  (Read 23445 times)

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: New South Wales
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2014, 11:11:09 AM »
South of Canberra are the Tinduary Mountains, I grew up riding trails there 30 years ago and spent last week there doing the same, its not a legal place to ride but was on my bucket list to do again; rode 200k a day in the best trails I have ever been on. Was worth the 2600k drive.
Not VMX, but last time I rode there was on my new RM125N in 1979 - it was a great week, found the top of the range and got out unscathed!

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2014, 10:30:18 PM »
Yep, OH the Tinduaries... Have had some fabulous rides round there also brown mountain - postmans with my cousin and brother. The usually damp track - with those huge fast down hill washaway jumps.
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2014, 11:49:30 PM »
Tinderry Ranges, at Bredbo?

I've ridden from (just out of) Bredbo to the top of Mt Clear (other side of the Monaro Hwy to the Tinderrys). We stumbled over one of the local fast guy's practice special test: it was brutal, with impossibly off-camber corners and ridiculous hidden apexs. We had a variety of skill levels in our group, but we all left feeling like raw novices.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2014, 09:22:32 PM »
So...VMX is big in Dubbo then?