Author Topic: CZ places in cyberspace  (Read 9703 times)

eno

CZ places in cyberspace
« on: August 10, 2007, 10:07:48 AM »

I'll just keep on posting up links as the mood takes me.

"Autosoviet CZ" a broad source of info to all things CZ ...
http://digilander.libero.it/cuoccimix/ENGLISH-automotorusse-q(CZ).htm

"CZ madness" Farmer Mike's website, all the tech books you could want here free to peruse, the biggest collection of CZ photos in the universe...Farmer we salute you!
http://www.czmadness.net/

"Czechpoint"  http://www.czechpoint.net/  10 years in cyberspace & still going strong - just like any CZ, huge wealth of CZ info here.

Cool link here, Lee Holths "CZ World"; http://members.cox.net/czguy/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 09:34:00 AM by eno »

Re: CZ places in cyberspace
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 06:49:27 PM »
Cheers for that. I just purchased a CZ myself(haven't received it yet) and started searching last night . Its a '72 360 i think???

Mark Austin

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »
Hi Eno,
That's a great site, I almost bought one of these on ebay the other day, but I resisted...

Here is the ebay bike: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290143387567&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019

I think they are kind of cool, there won't be too many around on the roads here I reckon!

Cheers,
Mark.

firko

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »
Ah..The dreaded Jawa Californian. I actually bought one of these little gems after Anthony Suttor got third place in pre 65 250 at the Barrabool Nats a few years ago on a Bultaco Campero. I challenged him that if he could trophy on one of those puss heaps, surely I could do it on a Jawa California. I got the bike off KTM boyo Brad Lewis, knocked about 30kg out of it, fitted CZ wheels and forks and a BSAB44 tank. By then it was time to sort the engine so I contacted Newcastle Jawa guru Dave Morriis about building a pipe for it. When he stopped laughing he told me that with such a rudimentary port confuguration, the pipe would have to be about 12 feet long! He told me that even though he was good at getting Jawas going, he wasn't that good!
I sold it to Ray Atkins a week later.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:43:04 PM by firko »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Boomp boomp boomp in stereo............ The Ebay one looks like last years model!! no sorry the were red...... ; ::)
Hang on what am i doing in CZ land???? oh yes the mighty 500cc four strokes of speedway ;) Cheers Tim. (what is Checho for cheers?)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 10:22:55 AM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

eno

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
"na zdraví" = "cheers" Tim, hey with all this traffic I'd better get some more cases of Pilsener in!
Jawa singles sort of make a "doong...doong" noise at idle & if you open it up...wait for it....huge mass of flywheel to get revolving..."Baaaaaarrrrrp...bup...pop...duuuuuurrr...bup...bang!."  Dang there goes another plug!, stupid Jikov. 
Tim, talking about noises, I must post up a pic of my brothers classic roadracing sidecar rig. He's only just nearing the finish of his latest creation. MotoGuzzi V 1000cc....aw! it's just sweet music to hear that run, kinda reminds of a 429cui AC Cobra that I was lucky enough to catch a ride in once.

Now, Jawa Californication...my bro had a party at his woolshed once, at some stage in the night the place erupted with blue smoke & the roar of a Czech twin as it burst forth thru the shearers curtain. The floor was rapidly cleared as the braver amongst us took to riding this beast speedway style on the wooden floor boards. We would get this thing all crossed up, sideways, full lock, full throttle, burning rubber...till it bit & spat ya straight at the wall.

firko

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 04:28:12 PM »
Good one Eno. With due respect to those hearty souls in the Jawa pavilion, a lanolin impregnated wooden woolshed floor would be the only place on earth you'd get a Jawa Californian sideways.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »
Eno and Firko The 350s had 16 inch front wheel with bloody super heavy spokes, have used in few sidecar wheels, proving that they supply something of negligible value to the Honourable Masses, well a weird few then.... (the rest of those useless buckets of eastern block yak snot I have no idea what you could do with!!!) na zdrav Tim.  (na zdrav most likely says something very rude and offensive, love it! ta Eno) :: ;)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 06:11:22 AM »
Cool, just throw a few random letters together and presto,i can speak another language. mvgszjftg means hello or goodbye , and vbdhftuzadfg ssfcgzva means something about your mother i think? Just make sure you use the letter 'z' alot as it dosen't look right without it! I know ,I know i got a wierd sence of humour that no one else gets ::)

husky61

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 04:39:46 PM »
Ok

use the letter Z in a word

Fujutza (Pussy)

Example, she had a nice fujutza.

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 10:20:35 PM »
Geez firko if TC threw off it must be a shocker. :D :D :D
Jesus only loves two strokes

eno

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 10:23:03 AM »

Having seen the "Industrial 7 wonders of the world" on tv last night, they featured the construction of the Panama canal. Now I'm convinced that if they could do that then surely I could "trench" into a Jawa Californians ample cylinder castings & get maximum horsepower output up from it's stock 4750rpm ceiling.

I know all too well the weakness's of these motors, there's the 3 cast piston rings each about 3mm wide. As a kid I remember the sickening sound of my 175 devouring it's own piston because of the massive piston rings chewing away the locating pegs, the ring spinning around & feeding out the zorst port. The bushed small end bearing, the crowded rollers in the crank. Further down stream you had the cork clutch plates with 3 springs desperately keeping some form of friction applied. There was that huge kick starter lever that doubled as the shifter, if you fell on that side it would usually push the shifter into kickstart mode & swing out of harms way. I'm kinda busting to get another look into ones gearbox as it always seemed like a simple yet clever operating system that the Czechs have a knack for. Alas I did spend some of my childhood building up geardog holes with (oops)#28 welding rod then redrilling them. It used to be interesting when ya put the thing onto it's sidestand & hear the gears trying to engage as it idled. Weetbix boxes were the chosen source of gasket paper & oil leaks happened.
Then there was the chamber making phase, armed with no scientific knowledge & an old fridge for sheet metal, chambers got built. What amazed me after getting the pipe fitted was it made even less power, so still not knowing anything about pipe tuning I started extending the header. You see I started to get an inkling that the motor couldn't attain anywhere near the rpm that the pipe seemed to be demanding. The pipe behaved much better with the longer header. So at the age of about 13 or 14 not only was my welding getting much better but I started to make the connection that the slower the motor the longer the pipe.

Now you have to realise that these old school CZ's bear little in common with their motocross model cousins, but those quote; "pieces of Yak snot" won numerous I.S.D.T titles & the Czechs learned a whole heap about building better bikes. Meanwhile in the day the Japanese industry were still pushing failed prototypes back to the pits & scribbling on their drawing boards and taking a lot of photos of the opposition.

I still have my first bike, rich in the patina of all my youthfull modifications, it's a way back in the queue but I intend to rebuild her. It'll be my own "Panama" as I introduce modern materials to it's inards & prove that it is possible to pull the skin off a rice pudding with a "Californian".

Dám si jedno pivo prosím - I'll have a beer please

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:54:36 AM by eno »

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 09:50:46 PM »
Hey Eno-Dám si jedno pivo prosím 2  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 11:20:28 PM »
Road bikes and the basic trailbike = Yak snot  Enduros and Mxs I will confess when a teen we did have some fun times together.... Actually they were pretty far priced too.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 12:39:34 AM »
The roadies spesh the californian  remind me of my first bike. a russian 175 Voskhod

i swear they have the same moulds  as Jawa

10.5 hp
121.0 kg
Top speed: 95.0 km/h 

Mine was green. god it was fugly