Author Topic: Its official, im an ag bike owner!  (Read 8038 times)

Its official, im an ag bike owner!
« on: January 16, 2008, 12:33:54 AM »
Yes you read right . Im a CZ owner and im  PHAT but with an F. They do seem a bit agricultural, but hey so does a Maico. They also have the same sort of charm. Mmm seems im getting to tall for my hair as well. I wont be able to hide at CD5 now!

eno

Re: Its official, im an ag bike owner!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:39:54 AM »
Well done Brad...hand that man a cold pilsener & welcome to the world of CZ.

Hey you guys must have some extremely fast cattle or sheep if that machines purpose is for Ag work!  ;D

Offline Tankslapper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Hydrosteer
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »
Nice looking 400 090, did it come from Victoria ?

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:33:59 PM »
I think originally, but i bought it from north Qld

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 09:59:54 PM »
super jealous here brad!
where's the carry rack?
and there's a few nice ones getting around the brisbane meets too,
so you won't be out of sorts locally.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 10:01:48 PM by vandy010 »
"flat bickie"

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 05:19:07 AM »
Yes you read right . Im a CZ owner and im  PHAT but with an F. They do seem a bit agricultural, but hey so does a Maico. They also have the same sort of charm. Mmm seems im getting to tall for my hair as well. I wont be able to hide at CD5 now!

Way to go Brad!!! Good friend of mine in Az USA has a 73 400CZ-it is very healthy, and i never noticed the " long throw" shifter, since I used to race KTM/Pentons. You will love your CZ!!
Life is suddenly very Monaro

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 08:51:33 AM »
Thanks James. Yeah that is something i will have to get used to i think, feels like every time i up-shift I'm going to knee myself in the chin  :D I'm wondering if the clutch grabbing a bit during release is normal on these or if mine isn't 100%. Nothing bad though.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 09:30:47 AM »
The one that got away!

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »
 :-[ :-[ :-[

eno

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »
Aw! need another beer there 090?
Yeah changing gear on a Zed takes as much effort as kickstarting some bikes. The clutch grabbing; depends what sort of plates etc... lurk in the clutch, stock they are a dry clutch. Standard plates are bronze, I have kevlar plates which are much thinner & more of them but they are prone to warping if they get hot, in this instance you will get a bit of grab. The old timers swear that you don't need a clutch on a CZ. That gearbox (4 speed) is dang near indestructible, just don't pressure wash your motor, CZ's are not so good at keeping the water out of the gearbox. Thou shalt change the gearbox oil regular.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
Thanks for the tips eno, god knows i need them. never even touched one before this one. The pressure washer is the first mistake i would have made!

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 03:24:44 PM »
 :-\  I had a similar problem with shifting up on a KTM GS 250.  The throw was long, and with my boot on the pegs the ankle was already rolled back a bit in the Neutral position and was straining to shift up.  I had to lift my foot off the peg to shift up.   I took the lever off and set it ' down ' one spline.  It looks wrong but the difference is huge. Dead easy shifts both up and down and it feels like a different gearbox. The travel also feels much shorter but of course it isn't.  The splines on the KTM are fairly fine, the tip of the lever ended up about 50 or 60 mm below centre in the neutral position.  Not sure whether something so simple would help on a CZ.   The next spline ' down ' may leave the lever and boot toe too low for safety but it's food for thought anyway.   Cheers,  T250.

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 04:26:14 AM »
That was my KTM shiter trick as well. I raced a 74 Hare Scarmbler 250 from 92-99.
I began making my own shifters with the splined end of a broken original, welded to the tip of a current folding shifter with thrashed splines. Butt wleding did not hold up, and there was not room for reinforecement plates on side of the joint.
So...I cut them at complimenting angles and it held well.

I didn't notice the shifting as tough on the CZ I raced, longer throw, but goes right in.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 10:45:03 PM »
Well! I took the ag bike to Coles Creek today for its first race day. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it went and handled. What a great bike. Definitely a keeper(put it in the skin box). A fellow CZ owner and forum member assured me how bullet proof these things are and gave me a good insight in general about it.
After buying it i started to doubt my decision and made noises that it was for sale. Not any more. I had a ball on it.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 10:56:26 PM »
you will have to join the cz brotherhood now brad
something about goats and secret handshakes ;D
follow me to first turn