Author Topic: firko is in intensive care anyone know how he is  (Read 17244 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: firko is in intensive care anyone know how he is
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 08:26:39 AM »
Cmon Firko out of hospital the bikes won't build themselves  ;) you take care Marc
formerly Marc.com

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 03:02:04 PM »
spoke to mark today hes travelling well
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
 How ya gpin" Mark?
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
Hope your felling better Mark, keep on keeping on legend ;)
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »
yes,all of the above,forums not the same without your posts,hope all is well :)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 01:50:26 PM »
Jeez the nurses up that way must be pretty good if you keep booking into these places.
There’s no way you would book into them for the food.

Get well soon Mark
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
I know how to make him feel better, I need to get up his nose about 10 minute moto's ;D or we could send a get well card from Bindy ;)

Cheers Worms

get well soon Firko as Nathan is starting to sound like he knows what he's talking about.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 02:59:17 PM »
Bindy has allready been to see the big boy of love at the hospital
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Simo63

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
spoke to mark today hes travelling well

Great news.  Any idea of when he will be free of that fantastic hospital food he loves so much??

If you're reading this Mark, get well soon mate  ;)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »
Well here I am six days after getting out of hospital and I finally find myself in a position where I'm able to give a reply. The day after getting out of hospital my dopey gardner cut through my Telstra/Foxtel cable while trimming bushes at the front of my house. It only took five days for Telstra to get out to fix it so I must be one of the blessed few ::).

Anyway....I'd like to thank all of the great folks who sent me the many Get Well texts, phonecalls, emails and old school Get Well cards. I'd also like to thank those who contributed their good wish messages to this thread, you have no idea how uplifting it is to read that people actually care. Further thanks go to the good mates who visited me in hospital, especially those who saw that my 92 year old mum could get there to visit me. Quite frankly 2012 has been a bastard of a year health wise, no sooner is one thing looking to be getting sorted and another problem arises.
I won't go into the details of why I spent 5+ days in intensive care but will say that it was unexpected and pretty bloody scary. Luckily I came out the other end better than when I went in so I guess it's all good in the end. I now have to settle into some serious recuperation and physiotherapy on my breathing to try and re-inflate the partially collapsed lung I'm currently stuck with.  I have to get everything as close to right as I can before I enter into my last two surgeries, the removal of a screw and the clearing of an infection in my ankle and my knee replacement. If all goes well for the rest of the year, 2013 should see a new improved Firko hittin' the traps!

Because I'm still not too well, I've come to the conclusion that all bike construction will have to take a back seat to my getting better. I figure it's a better deal to get my old body restored over a couple of old motorbikes, the bikes will still be there when I'm ready for them. I was planning on debuting my revamped Hindall RT2MX and Cheney RT1 at CD9 but, as close as they are to being ready, they'll have to wait. Instead I'll bring along my faithful old 350 square barrel Maico and Maico trials bike to display in the Maico zone and a couple of DT1's. It'd take a miracle for me to do any riding (or much walking for that matter  ::)) but I'm really looking forward to catching up with many of you over a beer or a Margarita during the weekend. It'll be great to finally get out and about again! ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Simo63

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »
Welcome back Firko.  Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery  8)

IT400C

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »
Welcome Back Firko!  Good to see you back here where you belong!     ;D

Wasn't the same with out you...   :'(

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2012, 11:09:09 AM »
Heal up DT-dude.   :)

Take your time and do what the doctor tell you to do.  Those Yamahas have survived for 40 years, they can wait one more.  ;)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2012, 12:45:27 PM »
Hey hey, welcome back Firko. The forum isn't the same without you, you know. Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery, and importantly, can get to CD9!

I've done the deflated lung thing after surgery a while back and it's a bloody annoying exercise, so I can sympathise. Hope everything else recovers to better than new!

TM BILL

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2012, 01:09:40 PM »
Hey Firko good to hear your on the mend :) its good that you are going to take the time out to recover properly . You have had a bastard of a year health wise mate and lets hope that your now on the right side of it  :)
The Projects will be there when your firing on all 8 again and just think of the extra time you can spend trawling the bay for more exotica for the current projects .
Get well soon , its  great to see you back on here   :)

Cheers Bill