Author Topic: Harrow Vinduro July 30-31st.  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Harrow Vinduro July 30-31st.
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:14 PM »
 Harrow is locked in for July again; 30-31st. We are looking at looping the course back into the town and caravan park if we can overcome some land use issues. That will make it a 40km loop but this time we are setting up a checkpoint at the blue metal Glenelg River crossing on Lauchie Turner’s property. This will make the course a figure 8 loop which will let riders take a shorter course if they want. However, Bronze medals will be handed out only when completing the full figure 8 loop once. Again, the scramble track will be open for set up and practice and as a bonus we will be creating a sand track down on the flats as well. It looks like the NSW boys will be fielding a Vase Team this year; bring it on! I hope to get Team Maico NSW up again too. A reconstituted Team Husky Vic will be rebuilding bikes and riders for this event as well. I can’t wait to see what shenanigans the BusBoyz get up to this time too. The buzz is all about creating interesting teams to try and take out the prestigious Barossa Photography Team Trophy (alias the TTTT- think about it) Even more exciting is the confirmation that some exotic imported machinery from Italy has landed and we will have a real Italian ISDT Team member coming over especially for Harrow. Our fame is growing. Book in the dates and be there.

Doggy Digger

Re: Harrow Vinduro July 30-31st.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 01:18:34 PM »
Thanks Drakie ... count me in!
------------
I didn't know you could surf in sand ...

Below:
Steve JUZVA (replacing broken bars after he forgot about Drakey's t.i.n.y Skull & Crossbones
warning marker; Dave ALSOP (Preparing to add a new meaning to "Smoking the Competition"); Jumbo LAIDLER (Laughing
as usual)
SuperMaico is Chris FITZGERALD (Able to leap across dams like a Black Duck)

Below:
DRAKIE and Lachie; Dave "Yes - Yamaha YZ100s work in enduros" HAMMOND
IT pic by Tony T - I love it!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:52:57 PM by Doggy Digger »

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:31:44 PM »
Yup, me too!

Tex

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »
...and I forgot to add; Sam Mac from ADB and Tom Foster from Trailbike Adventure have confirmed. We should make their heads spin with the rare stuff they can try - Rokon, OSSA, SWM etc.

EBT

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 02:34:59 PM »
Thanks Drakie ... count me in!
------------
I didn't know you could surf in sand ...

Below:
Steve JUZVA (replacing broken bars after he forgot about Drakey's t.i.n.y Skull & Crossbones
warning marker; Dave ALSOP (Preparing to add a new meaning to "Smoking the Competition"); Jumbo LAIDLER (Laughing
as usual)
SuperMaico is Chris FITZGERALD (Able to leap across dams like a Black Duck)

Below:
DRAKIE and Lachie; Dave "Yes - Yamaha YZ100s work in enduros" HAMMOND
IT pic by Tony T - I love it!

I see a few of my photo's have snuck on here  ;D  if you would like to see thousands of my other photo's of the Vinduro's drop into EBT forum  ;)

Mick.

Doggy Digger

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »
Sorry Mick ... yep, I'd pulled them off EBT for my photo album.   Then pulled them down - into
here, to promote Harrow ...
Other pix are Tony T and mine ... may be one or two there by Peter ALLARD too?

Thanks Mick - Rog
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:07:45 PM by Doggy Digger »

EBT

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »
No worry's Rog I always like to promote Vinduro and spend money having a forum doing just that, I just love the old bikes :) that one I took of Steve Juzva I have on a few forums and I was lucky to get that roo shot because with all the bikes about they were not in the mood for a photo shoot  ;D

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:41:23 PM by EBT »

Doggy Digger

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »
Thanks Mick.   I saw those roos run right through the track.  Couldn't believe it ... as, we
were all using it at time I think.
I was stoked that you managed to snap them actually doing it.

Can't wait for Drakeford to make a MUCH SHORTER LOOP (with get-out clause/exit point)
of the figure-eight so that rank amateurs like me don't have to suffer the full-on course of last year!!!

See you near the border in the middle of winter, then!

EBT

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
I will be there, I love the property and land owner Lauchie Turner is a top bloke glad to hear he is going well again.

Cheers Mick.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 08:13:50 PM »
That photo of me in the sand was the on the first lap and it was like quick sand it pulled me up pretty quick when i wasn't expecting it.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 07:59:34 AM »
Let`s hope that l start the vinduro this year on a better note this time round.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 02:59:55 PM by Swedish connection »

EBT

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 09:45:49 PM »
Let`s hope that l start the vinduro this year on a better note this time round.

Me to my bike sucked a base gasket at the first creek crossing  :-\ but I still pinged and ponged and rattled  ;D my way around one 36K loop before I put it on the trailer, stuff driving 6 hours for nothing, hopefully 3rd time lucky I might have a good running bike....

Cheers Mick.

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »
I am very sorry that l missed that roo shot with Drakey on its back, realising that this cz had know gears. ( shocks where in excellent working condition.)

maicoman

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 04:34:46 PM »
Have any of the details for this event been released yet. Hoping to make a trip of this one with the Yamaha IT boys in tow.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
Have any of the details for this event been released yet.

Only the date at this stage. I'm guessing it will be a similar format to last year - practise on the Saturday, with the main event on the Sunday.

Tex

SAABCOMBI

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
My new bike will be a going concern this time, first ride will be broadford.