Author Topic: Sidepipe rear subframe  (Read 13941 times)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sidepipe rear subframe
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 05:34:45 PM »
lee is a good bloke been mates for years also been to his house a few times all around good bloke will help you if he can
he has a good system for pionts set up if you keep them mine was great that way
jim
I got to meet & have a good talk with Lee at the DMCZWC this year.
Really nice guy, showed me some of the strange things on his yellow tanker's frame like the sidepipe downtube but black frame engine cradle thought to be that CZ were using up the leftover sidepipe parts as they started producing the yellow tankers

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2020, 10:33:56 AM »
Frame has been repaired with new downtubes, had my other 74 swingarm's shock mounts repaired at the same time, they were bent & the bolt holes were flogged out
The brake pedal pivot was quite worn so I've ground off the weld & removed it, having a new 1 made out of a ejector pin that will be removable like the 68 partsbook shows. Should wear a lot better than a plain pivot, may end up do the same to my 73 at some stage
Looking forward to getting stuck in to building the bike up & racing it

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2020, 02:44:25 PM »
Tony will you have it at taupo july 18th? see you then
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 09:10:40 AM »
Depends on how slow postage is out of the states at the moment, will definitely be there with my 73 doing pre75 & pre78 unless bike is ready then I'll run it in pre70 as 3re in pre78 is guaranteed
Shocks are due to be sent by Noleen next Friday & have a heap of little pieces coming to finish it off