Author Topic: Sydney Dirt Track Series  (Read 28507 times)

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sydney Dirt Track Series
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »
What's wrong with the missus, I could watch you go round all day mate ;)
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2013, 08:03:03 AM »
Right I want throw a question out to the greater VMX community , last in my evo 125 class a gentlemen entered a 89 model CR 125 and wasn't picked up on till after the round he took out 1st now after this was brought to Roy attention he took the appropriate action. Now he has received some flack over this with some saying he should keep his points and the race should change to pre 90.
I think it's clear, it states what your bike needs to qualify for this class.
Cheers
Bret
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2013, 08:13:51 AM »
Bretto, The evo class rules for the series are " air cooled with drum brakes with non linkage rear suspension". Now this chap shouldn't be in the class, it's as plain as the nose on your face. He should lose the points and they should be reallocated. Luckily for him he can enter the bike in a heap of other classes that will cater for his modern machine, i.e the Pre 90 class which would be logical!! I think there would be quite a few people who wouldn't bother showing up if the classic class was changed to Pre 90 because of one chap who didn't read the series rules.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:19:03 AM by cemotobull »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2013, 08:21:55 AM »
what is your view on usa flattrack bikes my pre65 triumph has a pre70 disc brake rear wheel thats how they all are built.yes its not evo but should i have to race my pre65 bike against pre90 its only a club day.the 1976 bultaco astro came std with a rear disc brake.
jim

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2013, 11:04:55 AM »
Jim, your Pre 65 trumpy doesn't run a mono-shock either.
I'd personally love to see enough pre 65's at Nepean to warrant a class on its own, I would enter this class. The rules for the classes aren't kept a secret in this series, they are on the entry form, it doesn't say anything about year models, just 3 requirements...... "air cooled, drum brakes and non linkage suspension. For this various debate in the past, I have now laced up drum brakes on my Astro and don't have any issues.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2013, 11:22:27 AM »
Blokes entering the wrong bikes in evo is common across all classes.
In round 1 a young bloke had an IT with upside down front end and a disc on the front and got the shits big time when told he could not ride in that class blaming the club for accepting his entry.
I would like to see something along the lines of losing your entry fee and spot on the grid for entering the wrong class, I realise that it should be something that the race sec should be on to but it really is up to the rider to enter the correct class.

You can always enter your pre 90 bike in with the moderns  ;D

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »
I know that rules are rules but Jims rear disc is an Airheart which are notoriously crapola, much worse than any drum of the period but rules are rules. If I was racing against Jimmy I wouldn't be intimidated by the brake so much as the monster Triumph engine in his Yetman ::) but I think you might be stretching to get the bike into pre 65 Jim..pre 70 for sure. As far as the bloke with the '89 Honda wanting points in an Evo class race.......what the hell was he doing out there in the first place? Surely somebody tapped him on the shoulder to tell him he's in the wrong race?
Blokes entering the wrong bikes in evo is common across all classes.
In round 1 a young bloke had an IT with upside down front end and a disc on the front and got the shits big time when told he could not ride in that class blaming the club for accepting his entry.
I would like to see something along the lines of losing your entry fee and spot on the grid for entering the wrong class, I realise that it should be something that the race sec should be on to but it really is up to the rider to enter the correct class.
Obviously whoever is doing scrutineering doesn't have his head around the legalities of the various classes. These situations should never get past the scrutineering line.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:32:56 AM by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Dono113

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »
I spoke with Nifty and Ray about this matter Mark and both were of the same opinion as yourself. Now not wanting to sound like a old woman I've spent good money to try and make my little rm competitive, I think the classes are set not just for us but the spectator as well. But the rider should enter in the right class Full stop.
1983 CR125R
2003 CRF450R
CB750K1
2005 YZ85
1969 TS 250

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »
Total agreement and the class rules are not changing :)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2013, 03:13:49 PM »
should the class not be pre75 pre78 and evo.
that would make bikes made with disc brakes ok
my dirt tracker will have the pre70 leagle dics
i will ride it in pre70 and pre1990 thumpers leave evo alone
twins if there is enough
jim

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2013, 03:53:42 PM »
What about throwing the dirt trackers in with the sliders  ??? :o
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »
A BIG NO
so that includes 1974-1977 Astros how would you like that mr bull all that money spent on meeting evo rules and they put you in races with 500cc laydown sliders were disc brakes are ok to use. As there were first introduced by Alf hagon in 1973
They are a STD frame with changed steering head angle you can do the same with your dts and tt Yamahas
In fact its common practice to do it to 500 4st Yamahas to get around the ama framer rules
My Yetman is a road race frame anyway my champion is a framer but I have drum brakes on it

Offline cemotobull

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2013, 05:38:47 PM »
The classes for the series have been set (decided upon by the hosting club, being CPMCC) and the rules are very plain and simple to follow. The classes were decided upon by reviewing the number of rider entries and their associated classes based on previous data (ie. averaging all Penrith club rounds from years gone).
These classes were also derived by trying to minimise the amount of empty grid races being held, thus saving time on a already choc-a-bloc race program with view of keeping 90% of the population happy.

99% of riders are not having any issues following the classes and associated class rules. I don't know why there is any issues. Read the rules on the entry form. If my Astro is air cooled, has drum brakes, and non linkage rear suspension then bingo, i comply. I would love to see a pre75 class but reality is based on previous club entries, it isn't feasible for the SDTS. Good news is, we have the charity day for this class.

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2013, 05:47:46 PM »
Penrith are not gunna be able to cater for every possible Classic class so apart from the most popular Pre75 the rest just get jumbled in together somewhere.
A bit hard to call it a 3 meeting series if they change the goalposts for evey meeting.
I don't have a problem with the Flattrackers being mixed in with the Sliders, but, next year.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2013, 06:03:23 PM »
WHY
the nepean raceway is the only place that run sliders on there own on club days
 now you want to add with them other bikes
 why not have the slider class banned and run all together as they were in the 60s 70s and 80s.
that would free up more races for other classes
cheers
my 2c worth