Author Topic: Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014  (Read 107841 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014
« on: November 30, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
The Troy Bayliss Classic is attracting strong support from both industry and non-industry sponsors with a new social media application Pixado.com coming on board as the naming rights partnership for the inaugural event and will use the event to showcase their Facebook photobook application.

Pixado.com launched worldwide this month and is an innovative way to create and share images within Facebook. The simple, easy to use application allows users to create virtual storybooks using both their own and their friend’s images.

"I am delighted to have such a fresh and vibrant service as Pixado.com come onboard as the naming rights partner for the Troy Bayliss Classic," Bayliss said.

“Just like the event will bring legends past and present together in one location, Pixado.com will do the same with friends and family bringing them closer together via the web.

"Facebook is such a popular social media outlet and Pixado.com will allow people to share images and do a number of other applications. I look forward to sharing my first Pixado.com storybook with my 150,000 Facebook fans very soon," Bayliss added

The ‘Pixado.com Troy Bayliss Classic’ that will be held at the Taree Motorycle Club on Saturday 19th January 2013, will feature a star-studded line-up of past and present motorcycle racing legends.

Joining the likes of Jason Crump, Chris Vermeulen and Daniel Reardon on the billing is Australian Motocross legend Stephen Gall and AMA Supermoto Champion Troy Herfoss.

Gall, will be one to watch, the motocross icon boasts five Australian Motocross Championships, four Mr Motocross titles, three Australian Dirt Track Championships and is a two-time winner of the Finke Desert race.

Herfoss, the 2008 AMA Supermoto Champion and X-Games Silver medalist has also enjoyed great success on both the bitumen and dirt.

The ‘Pixado.com Troy Bayliss Classic’ will encompass three feature events.

The Legends & All Stars presented by Insure My Ride will see 20 invited racers, participate in up to 5 rounds of racing, mixing old school legends with current day all stars.

The Legends and All Stars plus 20 of the fastest club riders will also participate in the Superpole Shootout presented by Bell Helmets, a solo, flying lap to determine the fastest rider of the meet.

The fastest 10 riders from the Legends & All Stars and two fastest club riders will qualify for the final event, the Troy Bayliss Cup presented by Pixado.com where riders will vie for $5000.00.

AND

Troy Bayliss Classic Saturday 19th January 2013 - Old Bar/Taree Motorcycle Club
About.

Troy Bayliss Classic, Saturday 19th January Taree Motorcycle Club Taree/Old Bar. 3x World Superbike Champion Troy Bayliss inaugural signature motorcycle event. The dirt flat track event will see 24 legends of Australian Motorcycle Racing compete.

Description
Tickets available at the gate Adults $20, Children 5-15 $10, Family $50 (2 Adults 3 Children), Children under 5 free. A full day and evening of motorcycle racing, The Troy Bayliss Classic will see three feature events including the Legends races presented by Insure My Ride, Super poll shoot out presented by Bell Helmets and the Pixado.com Troy Bayliss Classic Final. The Taree Motorcycle club will also host many races from Juniors to open classes. Family entertainment, mingle with the legends and enjoy the day out.

Should be a fun day, with plenty of past and present riders.
Bayliss is releasing the names of riders competing every couple of days, so I will update the list below along the way.

confirmed riders so far:

Troy Bayliss
Chris Vermulan
Stephen Gall
Troy Herfoss
Jason Crump
Dan Reardon
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 02:07:48 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Troy Bayliss Classic
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »
that sounds good! good on Troy Bayliss!
Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »
    Good stuff !!!! it's great to see someone with such a high profile put something  back into the grass roots of their sport ! after seeing the excellent meet at taree earlier this year with troy and  current riders its going to be unreal with the extra  "feature" riders !  racin' just like the ol' days  :o  i'll be drummin' up everone i can to attend  ;)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 05:04:28 PM »
This should be a fantastic event! I will be there if I can, it should be a top meeting.  Here's a pic of Troy doing the business earlier this year at Taree. Photo courtesy of Trevor Harvey.

And if you are interested, a race report from the 2012 event.

http://ozdirttrack.ning.com/forum/topics/taree-twilight-meeting-report

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 09:03:25 PM »
Wow, looks like not only Stephen Gall is signed up, but now Anthony Gunter! This really is a must see...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »
Dave Armstrong and Paul Caslick will be there too..

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 09:36:47 PM »
I'll be there.
On the safe side of the fence, this will be a ripper.
From what I hear maybe even Chris Watson?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »
Plenty more legends to be announced yet.. should be an awesome event.
My money's on Troy Herfoss so far ;)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 09:42:21 PM »
From what I hear maybe even Chris Watson?
I've heard from a few different sources that Chris Watson isn't sailing too well healthwise, anyone know anything more?  We're going, it should be brilliant.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:44:38 PM by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:45:52 PM »
Pool comp at the Old Bar Hotel?
Purple Dave, I'll pick you up on the way through?
I've got a cuz who lives within walking/stumbling distance.
That aint good news Firko, fingers crossed Chris can get on top of his health problems, happens to the best of us, maybe we'll see him there in 2014 because it'll only get bigger.

P.S. SHITE, did I just say 2014.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:59:30 PM by SlideRulz »

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 10:32:56 PM »
Maybe the old legend Casey stoner may now have time to attend..
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »
Nah, too old. ;)
There's been some talk but how good would that be?

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 10:39:59 PM »
Yeah, Johnnyo, I'll stick some dollars on young Herfo,too, he's pretty good at the Motard style stuff.
It's gunna be a ripper of a meeting by the sounds of it.
Foss

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 10:49:30 PM »
Maybe the old legend Casey stoner may now have time to attend..
You can bet Bayliss is tying to get him, you never know...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »
Yeah, Johnnyo, I'll stick some dollars on young Herfo,too, he's pretty good at the Motard style stuff.
It's gunna be a ripper of a meeting by the sounds of it.
Foss
He's a weapon at both dirt track and motard stuff.