Author Topic: Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014  (Read 107822 times)

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
Re: Troy Bayliss Classic
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 10:15:10 PM »
Thanks for the offer, Slides, I'll run the idea past 'Er Indoors.
Foss

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »
there are six oil tracks still operating in NSW despite the knockers attempts to get them banned !!
I am really peed off that EA and I cannot get there, it's gunna be UNREAL !!!

No knockers,just a rider that hasn't riden oil before.Good to see they still exist.
They say its all modern bikes (just older riders) so don't be too hard on yourself for missing it  ;D
Always remember the smell at Speedway  8)

Best is in the West !!

Curly3

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2012, 11:33:43 PM »
Look at that, a pristine drum of eco friendly Canola Oil. ;)
You can over oil tracks and they become like bitumen. :-\ my opinion is that that aint true DT.
From what I've seen recently and I certainly haven't seen all Tracks, Griffith pretty much have the oil to dirt ratio down pat.
Just look at the tracks that don't use oil and the amount of water & time they have to put into it to get through a meeting.
Water is getting scarce but, the amount of readily "available" oil is only getting bigger.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 06:59:47 AM »

You can over oil tracks and they become like bitumen. :-\ my opinion is that that aint true DT.
From what I've seen recently and I certainly haven't seen all Tracks, Griffith pretty much have the oil to dirt ratio down pat.
Just look at the tracks that don't use oil and the amount of water & time "and money" they have to put into it to get through a meeting.
Water is getting scarce but, the amount of readily "available" oil is only getting bigger.

Yep, got it in one , Slides, Griffith would have to have been my fav surface to race on, Condo is pretty much the same.
At least oil tracks, hard pack or fluffy, are consistent throughout a meeting and as you pointed out in an earlier post, it doesn't become a lottery as to the track condition for a final.

I've inserted two words in your quote Steve, as, being club Pres. at Sapphire, I know what we had to spend to try to keep the track ok for the riders.
Foss

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2012, 07:46:32 AM »
   247 the boys from taree are keen to get old bike's into their program, they ran a pre 85 class last meeting but due to only one evo and one pre75 bike turning up they didnt make it into this meet ,i know of a few blokes that are geeing up for a few rides there next year so watch this space  :) this next meeting  is gunna be awesome  ;) cheers

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2012, 04:10:49 PM »
Looking forward to being there..the racing is gunna be tight with so many guns out there. I'm spannering for Crumpy and Dave Armstrong, hope they don't keep me too busy!!

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
 I hope this goes onto dvd,... a walk through the pits, interviews and racing  etc.
 Should be a real buzz around the place. Go the dirt track boys!!
   cheers   Mark

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »
I herd chris watson was on the gas ;D at barleigh ranch (raymound terrace ) last weekend practising for this event.
sounds like this taree event will be one to turn up for, with some legends and current riders riding.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:30:21 PM by mick25 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »
Got my ticket and accommodation booked, this will be a top day's racing.

Bayliss and a few others out practising:

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »
Crumpy's ready to go!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2013, 11:25:05 PM »
Dave Armstrongs 500 ready to race with the 17's

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »
Well, Xmas and New Year have passed. Now it's time to get serious about TB Classic.........so far 2-NINE-7, SlideRulz, Alvin and Mrs Alvin are going. As Mia and I live at Terrigal, when going North, we usually meet Sydneysiders at the Caltex Twin Servos on the expressway just north of Wyong. We are going up on Friday 18th, so we need to know who wants to join us and departure times.....we are open to suggestions.
To get things rolling :-
1. Mr and Mrs Alvin on the Triumph leaving Friday
2. SlideRulz ( car or bike ? ) leaving Friday
3. 2-NINE-7 on the Suzuki leaving ( Friday or Saturday ? )
4. ?
5. ?
 ;D
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 04:01:05 PM »
Well, Xmas and New Year have passed. Now it's time to get serious about TB Classic.........so far 2-NINE-7, SlideRulz, Alvin and Mrs Alvin are going. As Mia and I live at Terrigal, when going North, we usually meet Sydneysiders at the Caltex Twin Servos on the expressway just north of Wyong. We are going up on Friday 18th, so we need to know who wants to join us and departure times.....we are open to suggestions.
To get things rolling :-
1. Mr and Mrs Alvin on the Triumph leaving Friday
2. SlideRulz ( car or bike ? ) leaving Friday
3. 2-NINE-7 on the Suzuki leaving ( Friday or Saturday ? )
4. ?
5. ?
 ;D

Hey P Dave

We are leaving Saturday morning mate I'll be on my Honda Blackbird with mates on Triumph Tiger, BMW K1300S, BMW K1200 and FJR1300.
Hope we can catch at some point. We are taking the long way home on Sunday if your interested.

Cheers
Shaun

Curly3

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2013, 06:59:48 PM »
Leaving on satdy morn by car, don't have a road bike.
Taking a few others up with me and looking forward to it bigtime.
Step 1 in the process of putting DT back on the map.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
I've just got back from a trip to Kempsey with Jason Crump and Dave Armstrong for a Troy Bayliss Classic practice day, a lot of the legends were there and i can tell you they're taking it pretty serious! The pace was on and some of them are absolutely flying, it's going to be an awesome event and any one of a number of riders could take it out. It'll be a meeting well worth attending.