Author Topic: Troy Bayliss Classic 2013 and 2014  (Read 107453 times)

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Troy Bayliss Classic
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 11:24:26 PM »
Sounds like a good day out.
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 06:54:13 AM »
Thanks to discovering this website, Mr and Mrs Purple will be attending........will be riding up on the Triumph........anybody with a roadbike like to join us ?
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 07:27:21 AM »
Yeah, Johnnyo, I'll stick some dollars on young Herfo,too, he's pretty good at the Motard style stuff.
It's gunna be a ripper of a meeting by the sounds of it.
Foss
He's a weapon at both dirt track and motard stuff.
You're not wrong ,JohnnyO, saw him win, on a KX 500, our South Coast Cup track meeting at Sapphire Speedway, and the Kings and Queens Dirt Track at Fairbairn, beating Rod " Rocket" McDonald on his Jawa, I was the commentator for both meetings, and saw him give an MX legend a lesson on how to take left handers at Motard.
His Dad, Mark, is no slouch either, but when Troy gets that Gunfighter look in his eyes, ya better watch out !!!
A top young fella , too
Foss
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:30:12 AM by JAP 454 »

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 07:30:14 AM »
     The only disapointing part to the excellent meeting earlier this year was the pre 85 roll-up  of which there were 2 bikes , an early 70's ossa and a 80' Rm that was running crook ! the rest of the fields had good numbers and top racing , so any pre 85 boys out there looking for a great weekend on a great track - dont miss this one ! (check out pics in above link)  :)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 07:51:50 AM »
Yeah, Johnnyo, I'll stick some dollars on young Herfo,too, he's pretty good at the Motard style stuff.
It's gunna be a ripper of a meeting by the sounds of it.
Foss
He's a weapon at both dirt track and motard stuff.
You're not wrong ,JohnnyO, saw him win, on a KX 500, our South Coast Cup track meeting at Sapphire Speedway, and the Kings and Queens Dirt Track at Fairbairn, beating Rod " Rocket" McDonald on his Jawa, I was the commentator for both meetings, and saw him give an MX legend a lesson on how to take left handers at Motard.
His Dad, Mark, is no slouch either, but when Troy gets that Gunfighter look in his eyes, ya better watch out !!!
A top young fella , too
Foss
Yes i had the pleasure of working with Troy when he was on the Husky race team, him and his father are good people.

Offline mitch75

• C-Grade
  • Newcastle NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 01:26:16 PM »
Troy Bayliss Classic Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/TroyBaylissClassic
Yamaha DT360a DT250b DT100c YZ400D WR250ZG.

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 06:05:07 PM »
Hi Steve....I just saw your post.........POOL COMP !!.....sounds good........count me in ! Will you be on a bike or in the car ? Will organise a meeting place later.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »
I'm in for the pool comp too!!!

Probably ride up on the Blackbird. Maybe we can meet up along the way Purple.

Cheers
Shaun

Curly3

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
It was half tongue in cheek because of the past Classic Dirt threads but if you guy's are keen it means we'll have to get up there on the Friday arvo because the race meeting runs till late on Satdy night.
I'm up for it, I've already got my accommodation organised.
This event and the King of Nepean will snowball over the next few years putting SC/DT back up where it belongs.
DT heritage runs pretty bloody deep.

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:20 PM »
Good stuff Shaun and Steve........Friday it is......I will book some accommodation for me and Mrs Purple ( Mia ). My son's mother in law knows Troy Bayliss, I might stay at his place........I wish !! ::)

Curly3

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 10:29:28 PM »
I don't have a roadbike but I may be able to borrow something.
I'll check with my cuz about booking the local's pool table for the Fridy night.
Yeehaa.

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
    The only disapointing part to the excellent meeting earlier this year was the pre 85 roll-up  of which there were 2 bikes , an early 70's ossa and a 80' Rm that was running crook ! the rest of the fields had good numbers and top racing , so any pre 85 boys out there looking for a great weekend on a great track - dont miss this one ! (check out pics in above link)  :)

I didn"t see any pre 85 races listed on the program?
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 12:02:28 PM »
   Yeah aparently due to the lack of response last meet for pre 85 and a lot of interest in the other classes theyve dropped it this meet and the supp regs are in, but the guys from taree are keen as to get vintage stuff into their agenda in the future at all levels , which is great ! this upcoming meeting will be something not to miss  !  ;)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »
 Sounds like a great meeting. Would love to get there. I'll have a bit each-way on Mr Caslick.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »
Gee this meeting is really taking off. Goes to prove Firko's point doesn't it? Promote a meeting well enough early enough and you will get the spectators. Over on ADTR there's been a little concern expressed about the  North Brisbane Cup not really taking off, but to be honest I have heard next to nothing about it. Perhaps social media is the best way to really push an event nowadays?

Regardless, the TBC has a stellar cast and promises to be one of the standouts for 2013.